Views: 6505|Replies: 7

We destroy our past with modern „bookburning" [Copy link] 中文

montblanc has been deleted
Post time 2004-2-1 21:36:44 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-2 15:22:21 |Display all floors

same problem bother me

The same problem bother me for long time that my son, a teenager, seems the information he get are from TV, and internet. Reading books is quite small part of his life.

I have tried to tell him how important to have a habit to love reading, love good books, so that I took him to book stores quite often. But, the books he bought are quite different from what I expected, for example, today, he bought "The Gunslinger", and "Warcraft--day of the dragon". I have not read those but seems to me those are another computer games.

I can't complain the time, I know for sure that my son knows the world more than what I knew when I was a teenager because he has much better access to different kind of sources. Good or bad, I don't know yet. But I don't like for sure is, the information and books that teenagers get are too many "fast food".

Quite embarissing is that I tried to have my son interest in China history, classics, but when he finally one day told me--Dad, I want to know the story of "Three States", what he asked me was not reading the book, but asked me to buy him a set of DVD, the TV shows, total 84 episods. Reading books is too tired, watching TV is kind of fun--sit beside fire place, put feet on coffee table, chips, and juice........oh, this is modern life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-2 22:47:28 |Display all floors

We are all cannibalized! Which cannibal is the favored?

Use magic tools Report

bossel has been deleted
Post time 2004-2-3 10:12:27 |Display all floors

being a book-lover myself...

Use magic tools Report

bchung has been deleted
Post time 2004-2-3 12:26:50 |Display all floors

i have only read three books in my life and i am a teen so i preetty much repres

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-4 13:33:14 |Display all floors

Please help me save books, even if you don’t read them

Use magic tools Report

bchung has been deleted
Post time 2004-2-4 13:42:41 |Display all floors

umm well

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.