Views: 6519|Replies: 9

Looking for a Loving Husband [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-1-31 13:31:08 |Display all floors
Yes, I have enough of city life and wanted to live on a farm to plant vegetables with a pond full of kois and water lilies. And then we can have English tea on the patios of the wooden terrace house. Is there someone out there who is willing to help me out?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-31 14:48:33 |Display all floors

You might consider adding the place where you currently live to your ad.

I don't suppose many sane men would propose to a girl without say a chat or two to get to know her.

Just curious: I take it you are *not* Chinese?  Just about each and every one I met so far thinks of the countryside as a worse kind of deepest hell...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-1 14:59:09 |Display all floors

my experience

I Have been to Austria, Italy, Germany, Israel and Judern, my feeling is not so good. In fact , there are many many nice place to go in China. Such as Guilin, Zhanyjianjie , Lijiang etc. If you tired of your city life, you can find a husband who live in the countryside, it is better than you go abroad!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-5 13:42:49 |Display all floors

hi

chinadoll, what you said is a dream
and not a reality.
it is not exist

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-6 00:31:34 |Display all floors

Why Mr Tuur?

Dear Mr Tuur

I quote what you said:
"Just about each and every one I met so far thinks of the countryside as a worse kind of deepest hell..." Unquote.

Why do you say that? Is there no place in China that has a scenery worth staying on for long? I do have second thoughts after all the negative answers. I might be dreaming - but I do wish to hear from the locals so that I could change plans after all. I would like to know how safe is it to stay in the village or the countryside - and why exactly would you said the worse kind of deepest hell - could you elaborate a bit more? Thanks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-6 13:48:54 |Display all floors

chinadoll

Don't be discouraged by other's negativity and their bad experiences and personal miseries.

From what I have seen--here, at the China Daily--is that many of the guys dwell in the darkness of negativity and fear; whereas, the girls are very intelligent, adventurous, brave, and desiring to experience many new things! :-)

Dream on, chinadoll! Dream wonderful and brave dreams! If you don't dream, then you will not have dreams that come true for you!!! :-)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-6 14:50:07 |Display all floors

There I go again

Sorry, for the umpteenth time I should have been more careful in choosing my wording.   实在不好意思...

I thought it would be clear from the hyperbole (exaggeration) I was trying to be tongue-in-cheek (开玩笑).  Not so, apparantly :-(

As it happens, for the last year I have been one of the very few foreigners living in the Chinese countryside, in the confluence of the Jing and Wei rivers 30 kilometers north of Xi'an.   I liked it very much but both our Chinese 'nongmin' neighbours/employees and my 'chengliren' colleagues and friends were invariably astonished I didn't live in the 'metropolis' , commuting to the factory every day (two hours!)

I don't know about places elsewhere in China but here in Shaanxi there are definitely *very* few people who prefer living in the countryside.   Of course that doesn't mean they describe it as 'hell'.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.