Author: popcorn

Fellow Chinese, look at what our foreign "friends" describe our dear China ??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-2-4 06:55:56 |Display all floors

Seneca:

the forum exactly is from Europe, not from China. well i am not a patriot, but i don't accept distorted fact either.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-4 11:13:48 |Display all floors

Shameful

One may retain his/her resentment incurred from his/her unhappy experience in a foreign country but I think if he/she is responsible, he/she should be careful not to generalise the resentment to a broad issue like this. I had once experienced racism attack when I was in Australia but this does not prevent me from loving the country and her people as a whole - such a nice peace-loving nation with friendly easygoing people. I once worked with a major government agency, and I have to admit that the integrity of Australian government is order of magnitude better than that of China. Many times I, as a representative from the agency, attended meetings with delegates from China visiting the agency and I only found I had been increasingly depressed expecting the next visit of this type. Many of  those Chinese delegates (most of them from non-relevant areas) went to overseas purely for sighseeing in the disguise of inter-governmental exchange of in the name of view-widening of this kind of grand reasons, with tax payers money at their disposal. Shameful, my country men.         

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-4 14:51:18 |Display all floors

oldamerican

""The biggest problem facing China today is how to harness the energies and intelligence of its very intelligent and hard working people. ""

Good one. This is the best unserstanding on China from foreign members here so far. Behind this one, could be a long argument.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-4 15:06:13 |Display all floors

mmm

bchung,

Previously you have said that you are 17, if you went to England four years ago that means you were 13 (and presumably your classmates the same age).  

I doubt any 'men' would attack some 13 year old kids.  How old were your group's attackers?   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-4 15:11:11 |Display all floors

mmm

It's doubtful Britain ever made money from the empire.  

Building and defending an empire is not a good business.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-4 15:41:58 |Display all floors

seneca

Some questions for you:

"The British don't in the least try to "bullY' other countries so that they are bigger. I don't know where you got that information from; maybe your pariochially-chauvinistic education..."

british don't or didn't bully other countries? If you meant "don't", then quite close to reality, because british is too weak to bully any one except following the US to do some little things.

But, british did MANY MANY bullies in the past. I hope you agree with me on this.

""China is one of the major beneficiaries of British policies, including the colonial policies of the past. Where would China be without Hong Kong, Shanghai? ""

According to your great therory, you robbered your neighbour's farm, stole your neighbour's money, and then tell your neighbour---see! how much major beneficiaries you got from me! I build a new house in your farm!

Indeed, this is the greatest and most shameless therory I have vever seen.

british brought this world a great industrial culture, it is true, but, be careful your logic, it doesn't help you to cover the british crimes to the world.  

""There obviously is a dire need in this country for people to get a truly enlightened education! ""

A good question to yourself.

seneca, be rational, be reasonable, be serious. We have too many anti-devils already--Chinese ones, American ones, Austrilian ones, now, you add on the list--british one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-4 15:57:53 |Display all floors

lordofwind

I feel bad about this as well, this is obviously a serious corruption. We can see that how far away China is from a fair and clean system. Long way to go.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.