Views: 2440|Replies: 3

Why? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-8-19 11:40:11 |Display all floors
It's so commom to find so many pop stars and idols but mostly from foreign, even if Chinese, mostly,almost all of them are from HG and TaiWan, why couldn't mainland China have some idiols and pop star as popular as Andy Lau, Jay, Jolin,SHE,Jackie,Beyond......   Why couldn't we have???  Just because we are just a economy-developing zone or htere are some others reasons for this?? I'm wondering!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-19 12:37:03 |Display all floors

I'm surprised at your claim

You surprise me; I have always been under the impression that China had as many Pop Idols as any other country.  I confess to being in the dark as to Pop idols in any country for that matter - excluding of course the Western Pop idols that we hear on the radio or TV every day and of course my own Western favorites.

This has the makings of a good thread.

Does nobody sing in China?  Or play in a Pop group?  I have the feeling that you are going to get many responses to the contrary from your post.

Or am I alone in my thoughts?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-19 15:05:56 |Display all floors

I feel surprised at his claims , too.

Mr Ho12me34,
I just wonder what you mean by saying"foreign". All the singers you mentioned are from Hongkong or Taiwan, they are Chinese , too, aren't they?
There are many excellent singers in the mainland and maybe their styles are not your favourite.
By the way, I am not a big fan of hip-hop or rap music either.
Maybe thanks to the entertainment advertisments and super make-up,  the singers from HK or TW are more wellknown than some from the mainland. They are a large number of excellent artists instead of singers from mainland , who have contributed a lot to the world of  real and pure music .
Just my humble opinion!

Mr Terryfoy,
you are not alone in your thoughts, we both share the same opinion at least

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-24 04:31:38 |Display all floors

At least I know.....Sun Nan, Wang Fei and Na Ying!

Their voices and songs are excellent.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.