Views: 4321|Replies: 8

Should DA SHAN be selling stuff on TV? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-7-24 15:46:47 |Display all floors
He is admired. Is he selling-out? My friends say his product is crap.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-24 16:26:52 |Display all floors

I hate da shan

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-24 16:31:37 |Display all floors

His motorcycle helmet is custom made.

I hear when he first came to China his head was a normal size. Is his freakishly large head from ego or bad milk?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-24 16:53:12 |Display all floors

should da shan

be on TV at all?

same goes for most of the gimps on CCTV9

should CCTV9 even be on TV?  absolute crap!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-24 19:46:53 |Display all floors

Dashan is good

I must stick up for Da Shan because he is really good. Of course there are others who are coming along too, but Da Shan made it miles ahead of them. If I recall right, he arrived in China when life here was still quite rudimentary, when one had to use coupons along with cash to eat in a restaurant. So if he is doing well in terms of income, he deserves it, in the same way  as us guys who slogged and led simple lives to accumulate the initial capital with which to lauch China's modernisation.

His Putonghua is good, so good that he is better than some of us native speakers. I have been following him in all sorts of programmes and he gets the intonations right every time - something which only the natives of Hebei Province can manage.
Foreigners who attack him, I suspect, do so out of envy. There is a saying in Chinese "文人相欺" i.e. scholars tend to belittle each other, and how very true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-24 20:07:53 |Display all floors

Nobody is debating his Chinese skills

The question is: Because he is so respected and trusted, should he be selling a questionable gadget on TV? Also, he is representing foreigners, and in particular, Canada.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-24 22:11:17 |Display all floors

Agreed with lobsang!

Compare him to "ah Qiang" from the Phoenix TV, the former speaks better. I guess he must be very popular among the Chinese girls.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.