Views: 14147|Replies: 50

Why India Will By-Pass China - 1 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-7-23 11:04:25 |Display all floors
Dick Morris - Thursday, July 21, 2005

China has replaced the Soviet Union in our lexicon of villains, and the age-old American preoccupation with the growth of this Asian giant has metastasized into full-fledged paranoia. But the truth is much more sanguine. ... more

China has replaced the Soviet Union in our lexicon of villains, and the age-old American preoccupation with the growth of this Asian giant has metastasized into full-fledged paranoia. But the truth is much more sanguine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-23 11:06:27 |Display all floors

India/USA.......China/Russia ? -2

"India, not China, is the coming giant of the 21st century. And India, unlike China, has no history of imperialism or inclination to global domination.

This year, for the first time, India passed China in economic growth. Its gross domestic product (GDP) shot up by more than 8 percent and now amounts to more than $3,000 per capita, on a purchasing-power-parity basis. China抯 GDP, about $5,000 per capita, is still larger, but not for long.

The key to China抯 coming failure and India抯 growing success is Bejing抯 dependence on manufacturing exports for its wealth and New Delhi抯 focus on its service sector. China exports more than $500 billion of products to the rest of the world, including more than $125 billion to the United States (we sell China only $25 billion each year ?this is not a typo). Because of its low-wage economy and massive manpower, China can undercut the rest of the world in labor costs and produce goods for less than anybody else can."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-23 12:30:16 |Display all floors

bravo!!

You are as much an economist as I am Dubya's English teacher.

Anyways if I was to believe that India should by pass China just because India has a high GDP growth than I could also say China and India will by pass America because America's GDP is not growing as fast. Correct?

I think you are just trying to provoke some Chinese with your thread. Perhaps it has something to do with the closer ties between America and India? Perhaps it has something to do with the nuclear technology transfer from America to India? More arms deals on their way?

You need to be less shallow!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-23 14:18:07 |Display all floors

Mr. Fish is right! India will overtake the United States....

....just like what the EUROPEAN UNION did in 1980, NEW MIDDLE KINGDOM in 1997 and INDIA in 2050!

There is no question about it! America - as soon as it looses its MINTING RIGHTS will have to relinquish resources like Persian, Baathist Arab oil and gas supplies to India.

In addition, Indian assembly workers, back office English speaking information workers will attract much foreign income.

The domestic Indian economy is also very large and it should be able to "boom" if there is catalyst to "Mint money" for domestic India distribution.

I agree, Mr. Fish, India will overtake America. Whether it can overtake China is a BIG QUESTION. Afterall the Indian resource base, Indian consumption patterns, Indian culture, Indian business rules, Indian bureacracy is quite different.

Well, i guess India economy should only be 1/3 to maximum 2/3 China size......that's my guesstimate.

But America is definately going to be OVERTAKEN by the Indian nation!

cheerios!

Game Master
Lord of the code.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-23 20:06:32 |Display all floors

Oops...Little lizard needs glasses

I can understand the oversight as the lizard brain has been programmed not to face truth about China. That's okay. Eat two flies and call me in the morning.

The USA will gladly dispense the oil and ration the raw materials for the world. We are the peace keepers of the world and only want what is good for the world as a whole.

Lizards soon will become an endangered species.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-23 20:53:33 |Display all floors

This really has to stop

This really has to stop because any current event minded person can see the news on the Indian subcontitnent is the opposite and it contains many references to border disputes and military action against terrorists that can not be good for the stability of the Indian Economy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-23 21:06:13 |Display all floors

China has no middle class

"India has the world抯 fastest-growing car market, which is driving oil consumption and imports. Economic growth, rising oil prices and recent disruptions in oil supplies due to the US military interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan are propelling the Indian government to join the hunt for cheap and secure sources of oil and natural gas."

Move over China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.