Author: davebrown

You got what you deserved, Big Liar [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-7-22 07:28:55 |Display all floors

PLEASE ... Umagaman

It's the "TRAIT", and NOT the sameness that is of concern here.

Don't try to wriggle your way into an argument and add points without putting substance into it.

I have already made my stance very clearly in above.  We will distinguish if you TELL us (but will not WASTE time to do the impossible or improbable of "distinguishing" who you are before we talk or know who we are talking to).  Further, my arguments are very specific.  Go read what I wrote and try to COMPREHEND it.  It is you who have contradicted yourself and now trying to make good your position by trying to put everything down into "English".

I understand English perfectly well and just as much you understand it.  I will make distinctions only if they are relevant to the substance of the arguments.  Here, I reiterate, it's the TRAIT - POT AND KETTLE; the western distrust, the western arrogance (superiority).  

---
Whampoa

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-22 08:15:16 |Display all floors

Thanks Whampoa but...

I put substance into my posts, it is only that you avoid addressing that substance and prefer to focus on small sections rather than the overall theme of my posts. Perhaps I am missing something in your posts, that is always possible. Oh well, all the best for the future Whampoa.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-23 20:41:14 |Display all floors

collateral damage?

a dirty word on my dictionary

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-25 16:41:23 |Display all floors

Collateral damage

A dirty word in anyone's dictionary mate, and a tragedy when it happens but it is an unfortunate consequence of any war.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-5 01:02:08 |Display all floors

"I am telling you that Blair brought you destruction in the middle of London and

(CNN) -- Osama bin Laden's No. 2 man in al Qaeda has threatened more destruction in London, saying that British Prime Minister Tony Blair would be to blame.

In a video broadcast Thursday on Arabic-language TV station Al Jazeera Ayman al-Zawahiri also issued a warning for the United States.

"To the British, I am telling you that Blair brought you destruction in the middle of London and more will come, God willing," he said.

He appeared to be referring to the two attacks on London's transit system on July 7 and July 21. The first bombings killed 52 commuters and the four bombers. No one was killed in the second attack, in which the bombs failed to detonate.

In the videotape released Thursday, Zawahiri also issued several warnings for the United States.

Referring to the September 11, 2001 attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people, he said: "Our message is clear -- what you saw in New York and Washington and what you are seeing in Afghanistan and Iraq, all these are nothing compared to what you wil see next."

He also warned the U.S. to "stop stealing our oil and wealth and stop supporting corrupt rulers."

"If you continue your politics against Muslims, you will see, God willing, such horror that you will forget the horrors of Vietnam."

Zawahiri reminded the United States and its allies of the "hudna" (truce) that bin Laden offered last year in return for the withdrawal of foreign troops from Muslim lands.

"Didn't Osama bin Laden tell you that you would never dream of peace until we actually live it in Palestine and before all foreign forces withdraw from the Land of Mohammed?

"Instead (of accepting the truce), you spilled rivers of blood in our countries, and we exploded volcanoes of anger in your countries."

He told the American people that their leaders are lying to them about the Iraq war and called for an immediate withdrawal of U.S. forces.

"The truth that has been kept from you by (President) Bush, (Secretary of State Condoleezza) Rice and (Defense Secretary Donald) Rumsfeld is that there is no way out of Iraq without immediate withdrawal, and any delay on this means only more dead, more losses.

"If you don't leave today, certainly you will leave tomorrow, and after tens of thousands of dead, and double that figure in disabled and wounded."

The video showed Zawahiri, seated, with a grayer beard than in previous tapes, and an automatic weapon at his side. There have been two previous al-Zawahiri videotapes this year -- one in February and one in June.

The last time bin Laden released a statement was in an audiotape late last December when he praised Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and designated him the al Qaeda leader in Iraq.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-5 16:57:36 |Display all floors

stubbies' new confessions

唧唧复唧唧,李郎低叹息。
问郎何所思,问郎何所忆?
郎亦无所思,郎亦无所忆

午梦见阎王,风浪起西洋。
损我探花郎,夺我花嫁娘。

阎王本非鬼,西洋男儿身。
汉地求功名,抱得美人归。

牡丹花暖李家园,
养在深闺五千年。
家门洞开宾客至,
亦是春光乍现时。

请神容易送神难,
文韬武略无功返。
探花无技做花农,
却道牡丹花已残。

Tsiek tsiek and tsiek tsiek,
Flying dagger lowers his sighs.
Who's in his heart and what’s on his mind?
"No one’s on my heart, and nothing’s on my mind.”

“Daydreaming, a devil at my sight,
He’s a storm arose f’m the sea.
Hurts the hopeful suitors home,
Taking away their pretty girls.”

“The devil’s not a ghost in deed
But a man from far away.
To Dragon’s land hunts for treasure,
The devils get the lasses home.”

“Peonies warm’p the daggers’land,
Hidden back there a thousand years.
Daggers’ land opens up.  
Hidden spring comes to sight”

“Easy it is to pray for “god”,
Farewell farewell, a fading plea.
By no means to let them go
Daggers are nothing gardeners alike.”

“Bitter and alone with peonies gone,
Blame the peonies for being pale”.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.