Author: southernsky

The Chinese National And Australian National Anthem [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-7-9 09:49:05 |Display all floors

To emucentral

Those, who may have different view or opinion or even stand but debates rationally and democratically, deserves your words ;
Those, who, the most obvious example: like lunatic Kwok_ho, an arrogant,disgusting,shameless whiner,is westernphobic and not to allow any different voices,deserves no words from you ,nor does he expect any words from me.

Ya legend,
All the best!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-9 11:13:57 |Display all floors

To Aussie friends.

cestmoi says he is too busy to border wasting time with you lot. He sent a message that he is having more meaningful discussions with his front gate than with you two. I am beginning to see the wisdom of his ways.

southernsky : how do you do. Came out of hiding I see. You have learned the name calling and swearing portion of the Strine very good ,I see but the communication bits are still patchy to non-existent. You know that you will be despised if you cannot speak like your Aussie mates, don't you. Otherwise you will always remain a banana ' yellow on the outside and white on the inside '. Pitiful.

emu: That'll be right, obfuscation. Don't use all these big words and long sentences on me just to say you are wrong. A sorry will do mate. I still would like to be enlighten as to the countries you purport to know who share a head of state with someone else. Increasingly sounding like a triangular relationship. Cheers matey mate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-9 12:47:50 |Display all floors

Two heads of state?

Sorry to sully your "confidence" Kwok_ho but Canada comes to mind.
As do the other members of the Commonwealth of Nations.
I would consider these to be self-respecting states, yes?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-9 16:26:18 |Display all floors

Of Mice and Men

Such spirited defence of the indefensible, JB. You are not perchance Irish, somewhat temperamental and suffer from the odd bouts of recidivism?

While you rant and rave about cestmoi lying or misrepresenting facts about Australia, we have nontheless established a few facts. Facts are hard to come by with those who defend "right or wrong my country".

Facts:
======
*** The head of Australia is Queen Elizabeth II who is represented by the Governor General (GG) and appointed by the Queen.
*** The Governor General, Sir John, sacked the popularly elected Prime Minister of Australia, Gough Whitlam (so much for democracy, ha!).
*** As per JB's admission, Australia is not a republic. By definition a republic is [quote] understood to be a sovereign state ruled by representatives of a widely inclusive electorate. The term republic formerly denoted a form of government that was both free from hereditary or monarchical rule and had popular control of the state and a conception of public welfare. [unquote] What are you telling us, JB? Some Australians are "more equal" than others?  Yes, I can believe you
*** JB said: "...Another LIE, from Cestmoi. Sir John Kerr was a member of the Australian Labor Party....  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerr)".  Indeed Sir John started off as a Labor party member, same ilk as  but the same source you have cited also contain this qualification: During this period his political views became more conservative. He joined the Association for Cultural Freedom, a conservative group (later revealed to have received Central Intelligence Agency funding) and became a friend of Sir Garfield Barwick, the Liberal Attorney-General who became Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia in 1964.
*** JB said: "...the Liberal Party is (like the Republicans) the right of the two main political parties. Australian government regulation & social welfare policies are generally to the 'left' of the US Democrats."  That's an ill considered statement, less than two weeks ago, in your hometown of Melbourne, over 70,000 Australians demonstrated against Howard's proposed law to let employers fire, sack, retrench and deny livelihood to staff anytime they want. That, JB, is not left, infact that's right of Cheney, Rumsfeld et al.  Furthermore, a while ago we had a long discussion about "neo conservatives", they champion "first strikes", "globalization" etc. I suggest you try and keep up with the flow of the pertinent discussions instead of going off tangentially with this Howard chip on your shoulder. Hanson, Ruxton, Howard et al are less than impressive ;)
*** JB said: "...So there we have it, Cestmoi is never one to let the facts stand in the way of a good bit of Aussie Bashing...".  I can believe that historical facts can be intimidating and can translate into "Aussie bashing" for white Australians who never apologized for racism and genocides.
*** JB said: "...I see cestmoi has bailed out of the thread since I pointed out the serious "kwok-ups" he made in his argument. (chuckle chuckle)."  Tsk tsk :), such vindictiveness and triumphalism, I can believe that you are indeed Ausrtalian.  I'll be busy next week but I'll leave behind several topics for you to explore and discuss about. Enjoy

Remarks
=======
JB, its not us Chinese, its your collective conscience that's eating you from inside, slowly and surely.

Thanks, Kwok_Ho, BBC saw fit to publish your opinion!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-9 17:28:17 |Display all floors

Australia introduced the "White Australia Policy"

Seen through Asian eyes, Australia introduced the "White Australia Policy". From our perspective, we neither see nor care whether it was your Labor Party or your Liberal Party. The Australian people collectively voted a government into power to marginalize and ostracize Asians.

Insitutionalized racism in Australia is not new. It has always been a systemic feature.

Like your recently disposed Labor leader, Mark Latham, said, Liberals and Labour are alike, led by conservative old men with no new ideas.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-9 21:04:28 |Display all floors

Welcome back cestmoi

cestmoi 2005-07-09 16:26
<< Facts are hard to come by with those who defend "right or wrong my country".>>

That's rich, coming from people who defend the opres.sion, censorship, and other unprintable behaviours of CCP.

<<*** The head of Australia is Queen Elizabeth II who is represented by the Governor General (GG) and appointed by the Queen.>>
I've addressed that issue, appointed by HM, CHOSEN by the elected goverment of Australia. A minor point perhaps, but the practical control of the GG is by the elected representatives of the Australian people. I have no problem of this person being "appointed" by HM, if we were a republic, then they'd be sworn in by an unelected judicial official or something.

<<*** The Governor General, Sir John, sacked the popularly elected Prime Minister of Australia, Gough Whitlam (so much for democracy, ha!).>>
It is well written in the history books about this. Whitlam's government were embarking on some dangerous foreign dealings (Khemlani loans affair) the opposition controlled senate refused to pass supply bills 3 times. Convention is that the government of the day calls an election to pass supply. Whitlam didn't (because he thought he'd lose the election) and so Fraser was sworn in as caretaker on condition supply was passed. Whitlam tried to get the Queen to intervene, but she would not interfere as it was properly a matter for Australia to sort out. At the subsequent election the actions of the opposition and the GG were rewarded with an overwhelming loss to Whitlam. The Australian people democratically approved the action. No loss of democracy was involved, despite those whingers who attempt to maintain the fantasy otherwise.

<<*** As per JB's admission, Australia is not a republic. By definition a republic is [quote] understood to be a sovereign state ruled by representatives of a widely inclusive electorate. The term republic formerly denoted a form of government that was both free from hereditary or monarchical rule and had popular control of the state and a conception of public welfare. [unquote]>>
Yeah, we're not a republic, and with all due respect to "republics" I am glad we're not. You realise of course, cestmoi, that the top 5 countries in the world for standard of living are ALL constitutional monarchies. Australia and Canada are amongst this group, and both countries "share" HM as sovereign. Also Australia, despite being a "constitutional monarchy" has a social welfare system better than many (if not most) republics. So do the Scandinavian monarchies!

<< What are you telling us, JB? Some Australians are "more equal" than others? Yes, I can believe you >>
No more or less so than any republic you'd care to name.

<<....Indeed Sir John started off as a Labor party member, same ilk as but the same source you have cited also contain this qualification: During this period his political views became more conservative. (blah blah blah)>>
Sorry, but you didn't cite this originally, you only mentioned that he was a Liberal Party member. The source said he was a LABOR party member. We all know he went conservative, top hat and all, but I have not seen a reference to him being a member of the Liberal Party. Where's your source, or did you just make it up?

<< ..., less than two weeks ago, in your hometown of Melbourne, over 70,000 Australians demonstrated against Howard's proposed law to let employers fire, sack, retrench and deny livelihood to staff anytime they want....>>
As it happens, I do not agree with that policy and hope that it gets defeated. BTW, do you know which Australian political party is the only one which has, when in power, called out the Australian defence forces to break union strikes by performing the jobs of the strikers?

Cheers
JB

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-9 21:09:38 |Display all floors

Bananas

kwok_ho 2005-07-09 11:13
<< Otherwise you will always remain a banana ' yellow on the outside and white on the inside '. Pitiful.>>

Kwokky boy, I do get educated here, I was not aware of the "Banana" expression until I read it here, thrown about by narrow minded clowns at Chinese people who actually think for themselves, rather than follow the party line.
It's quite a racist expression really, defining a way of thinking which "white" or "yellow" people should be following.

Cheers
JB

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.