Author: thelaststraw

why don't you japanese ppl understand? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-7-10 09:52:58 |Display all floors

and shouldn't wether a country wants /deserves forgiveness be reflected in its a

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-10 09:53:35 |Display all floors

and shouldn't wether a country wants /deserves forgiveness be reflected in its a

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-13 20:45:43 |Display all floors

Chinese people's reaction to Nanking massacre

I was chatting with my chinese friend in school(Japan) and, although he was a usually very calm and decent man, as we started talking about Nanking massacre, and he quickly got really mad and upset.  I, being Japanese, cant understand his mentality; why he got so mad just by our talks, and why nothing i said to him went through his ears.  Basically he was trying to tell me how horrible Japanese troops had comitted crimes in Nanking by showing me pictures(we were on MSN chat) and guiding me to such homepages.  and I was trying to tell him about some researches done by the Japanese recently on the pictures which have resulted with lots of discoveries of fixations and lies of the pictures.  But he absolutely didnt believe a single word i said and kept getting angrier, telling me all the horrifying stories and calling Japanese politicians insulting names.  He even said if I were not his friend but just a stranger to him, he would kill me.  Thats sick!!  But he told me any Chinese would react as he did to me.  Why are you Chinese so too emotional? Why cant you just calm down, and talk logically and reasonably?

oolala

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-13 23:52:53 |Display all floors

to tek

who are u or ur country to say china shouldnt have an increasingly expanding military hypocrite dont expect u can shut chinese ppl up and rant wahtever shyt u want about the country and put double standards everywhere or butt out

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-14 10:17:40 |Display all floors

to thelaststraw

"your country and you ppl should be liable for the crimes made by your ancestors. these war criminals are aleady dead, and even they were still alive, punishing them can't compensate these victims. because it is not only several ppl killed. it tons of millions, of different countries."

firstable, Chinese govenment has been using this comment as its propaganda and even exaggerating the number of the chinese killed by japanese soldiers.  From Japan's poiint of view the Chinese government has been lying too often and regulating information given to its citizens; regulation of internet sites and TV programs, and they never broadcast about how much money Japan has been offering China every year for its economical development, and they even broadcasted that a Japanese politician has appologized to Chinese government during the demonstrations only to quell them while in real he never appologized at all.

So what Chinese government is doing?  Simple -- propaganda.  It wants money and wants to prevent Japan from becoming the Permanent Member.  So it is only exploiting the little piece of history, making it a bigger issue by exaggerating the fact, and arousing its citizens' anger toward the Japanese only for the two reasons.

During wars, killings and rapes happen all the time everywhere, and its ONLY CHINA AND KOREA that still hold grudges about it.  And this is very abnormal and sick.  America has dropped two atomics bombs to Japan, but the citizens of Japan has absolutely no hatred against Americans now.  And all other countries but those two are also like that.  THEY DONT LIVE IN THE PAST!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-15 07:13:43 |Display all floors

reALLY you know why its "JUST" korea and china, its because japan dosn have the

le for any atrocities it preformed in history...
EX)
Germany so has put away a lot of money in memorials funerals and the like for the JEWS that suffered during the HOLocaust ...

but what does JApan do ...*thinks* hmmmm wait a minute japan doesn't do any of that...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-15 08:15:55 |Display all floors

Don't Expect Appologies From Japan.

Japan will not appologize, EVER anymore.  It's useless for you people to expect her to do so.  I am definitely not a politician but everyone in Japan knows well, it's never gonna happen.  The reason: as I said in my previous post, Japan does not live in the past anymore(unlike China likes to persistantly (or lazily) linger forever in the past and never try to move on), and the responsibility for the war crimes has already been paid by the Tokyo Trial when seven Japanese leaders were executed.  New Japanese Constitutions was introduced since the end of WWII, and Japan has been building a new country since.  It's more than half a centry later now, and to suddently bring up the past which  no longer Japan holds now seems so laidback and we Japanese could never understand the mentality of (or the persistence of) Chinese.  You people are not making sense at all.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.