Author: knowhoyouare

delete [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-7-13 08:45:10 |Display all floors

pride

when someone has nothing to be proud of being himself/herself, he/she claims he/she is proud of being one of a group.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-13 10:31:06 |Display all floors

well said umagaman, sounds rational, yet

>&gtride
Pride can be dangerous if it is a way to cover up an individuals feelings of personal inadequacy, that is not aimed at anyone here in particular just an observation. Instead of focussing on how proud we are to belong to some group, wouldn't it be better to try and make sure that people are proud to be associated with YOU? Instead of focussing on somebody else's achievements or on your country's historical achievements, try to create your own unique achievements to be proud of. That is the way of progress, never forget the past but focus on improving the present.<<
----
neither is it contradictory that you are proud of being a Chinese and that people around are proud to be associated with you.

nor is it contradictory that you are proud of your motherland's huge historical acheivements and that you are working hard to contribute to her promising future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-13 13:33:42 |Display all floors

The future is bleak!

The future is not bright for the motherland, it is bleaker than the days of the Qing dynasty! This "opening up" is a complete farce, the west just wants to exploit China and our people for there own ends! Ihave alot of western friends and they feel the same, so i do not hate white westerners! I just thought i might add that before anyone started to accuse me of being "anti-white"!

We are a dying nation! We need to be saved!

SUN YAT SEN REST IN PEACE!
2005071313332bd2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-13 19:15:18 |Display all floors

The Filipino Public Toilet F aka Yasukuni Shrine F cannot stand being away from

What happened to her "goodbye china daily" promise?

Muahaha!!

And who can tell me what exactly the second Filipino Public Toilet (mariane) is?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-14 10:33:10 |Display all floors

xiaoliza,

how can I stay out, knowing that you miss me so much?  How can I disappoint you?  

And why did you spread out rumors about me killing myself after I decided to leave you alone? OK, I understand, you just can't live without me on board, and how can I refuse such a nice invitation?

BTW, I liked your post on bolzano, it actually wasn't a rumor, for the first time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-15 09:58:18 |Display all floors

good!

amazing thread indeed

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-15 20:16:41 |Display all floors

I agree

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.