Views: 5035|Replies: 2

Mars is a much more scientifically interesting place to study than the moon... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-1-7 18:31:30 |Display all floors
But I think it's still good to continue looking at the moon.   In particular,  I hope China studies the North and South Poles of the moon.  I think I read that there is speculation about the existance of ice there?   I know water cannot exist on the moon because there is a total vacuum there (unlike Mars which has a CO2 atmosphere...)

I would have thought that the ice would also sublime but perhaps the cold keeps it from subliming...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-4 08:45:57 |Display all floors

re: Mars & the moon

I would have to agree with you, that Mars is much more interesting.  The moon is still fascinating, and I'm sure there is much more to explore, but I'm enthralled with the pictures the rovers are sending back from Mars.  I check the web site every day for new pictures:  http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html

Regarding ice on the moon, I have read that ice would not sublimate, even in a vaccum, if it was below -270F.  (such as the dark side of a crater)

It will be interesting to see what proofs scientists come up with for the presence of water on Mars.

Use magic tools Report

gtnbia has been deleted
Post time 2004-3-6 02:34:05 |Display all floors

better move there soon

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.