- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 644 Hour
- Reading permission
What a deal!
"Israel ?Aid to the USA|
Israel receives, in addition to political and moral support, $3 billion annually in foreign aid from the United States. Besides having a strong, democratic ally, what does the USA receive in return? The following bibliography is an attempt to put into perspective how Israel aids the USA and its citizens.
This is just a 揹rop in the bucket?
* MIGs toNevada "Area 51 was used to train Navy and Air Force fighter pilots to fight USSR MiGs. Israel captured many MiGs in 1967, and they gave us a bunch of them. ? led directly to the F-4 'Phantom' turning around it's losses in Vietnam to a 14 to 1 kill ratio. They found the MiG's weaknesses and exploited them.?
* Strategic Alliance "The U.S. and Israel share an unparalleled strategic relationship. Since a landmark 1985 agreement established the two allies as strategic partners, military cooperation has expanded to include the development of cutting-edge weapons systems, sharing of real-time intelligence and joint training exercises." (2005)
* "Army Says Israeli Armor Has Saved "Many" U.S. Lives in Iraq. The U.S. Army has thanked Israel for supplying it with armor for armored personnel carriers (APCs) in Iraq, the Israel21c website reported. The Israeli armor has saved "many lives," according to a letter sent by the Army to Rafael, the Israel Armament Development Authority. Israel expedited delivery of the armor to the United States to help protect American APCs from roadside bombs, which have killed more than 150 U.S. servicemen in Iraq.(March 2005)
* Technology Helps Prevent Mid-Air Mishaps "Mid-air helicopter crashes may become a thing of the past. The Lahav division of Israel Aircraft Industries has developed a system that predicts collisions during tactical missions and formation flights." (Oct 2004)
* Ben Gurion University develops anti-missile laser "used to develop a new airborne missile interception system in the US." (12 Jan 2004)
* USAF to equip with IAI conformal fuel tanks "F-16s...increase fuel carrying capacity by 50%." (28 Nov 2002)
* Passenger aircraft - anti-missile interception and detection system. Israeli company to complete development of aoperational system, the Passive Approach Warning System (PAWS), for detecting and disabling missiles fired against passenger aircraft.
* Light concrete-piercing bomb 卼wo US companies to jointly produce a revolutionary light-weight bomb capable of penetrating several meters of concrete. The bomb was developed in Israel. (14 Nov 2002)
* Super-chipsystem is global hit Motorola (NYSE:MOT) recently presented its third generation processors of this type, the PowerQUICC III series,developed in Israel. (12 Nov 2002)
* Instant messaging program ICQ 卍eveloped in Israel, brought about a breakthrough in US military communications, and made US forces inAfghanistan many times more efficient, ? (03 Nov 2002)
* Aridic Soils of theUnited States and Israel ?designed to provide information toassist those who would manage their impact on the soils of arid regions for sustainability?
* Bekaa Valley War June 1982, Israeli ground forces pushed into Lebanon in an effort to putan end to cross-border terror attacks. ?[Israeli developed] RPVs went in first to get the Syrian SAMs to turn on their radars. Then the F-4s destroyed them withhigh-speed anti-radiation missiles卌ritical turning point in the deadly duel offighters and SAMs卭peration threw military men (in Moscow) into a kind of shock? made the Soviets understand thatWestern technology was superior to theirs, and in this Czech general抯 view,the blow to the Bekaa Valley SAMs was part of the cascade of events leading tothe collapse of the Soviet Union. (June 2002)
* Litening II-pluspods United States has deployed anIsraeli-manufactured airborne targeting pod in the war in Afghanistan卛nstalled on the F-16 multi-role fighters?laser spot capability that anAmerican rival does not possess.
* ARROW ANTI-MISSILE MISSILE. IT IS A JOINT PROJECT -- WHERE THE UNITED STATES
PROVIDES MOST OF THE MONEY, THE ISRAELIS -- MOST OF THE HIGH-TECH EXPERTISE.
ISRAEL IS SHARING RESEARCH LESSONS WITH THE UNITED STATES"