Author: lau_guan_kim

New China is younger than the US in terms of political developments and modernit [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-1-24 20:20:43 |Display all floors

Korea War

Read some book regarding Korea war. The story from China side is that Mao and CCP had no intention to be a "little brother" of USSR, Mao actually had the intention to be friendly with the US. Interestingly, the US ambassador to China at those time )forgot his name) was supporting the US establish the relation with CCP, gave up the corrupted KMT. However, Truman made the mistake.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-24 20:29:56 |Display all floors

mm

It may show the other side of China as you mentioned--thousand years cuture, it is treasure and over burden?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-24 20:35:28 |Display all floors

point 1

It should be remembered the lesson of Korea war to both the US and China. The direct reason of Korea war was Truman and McAthure pushed China into the war by millitary threatening (sent 7th fleet to TW strait, and crossed 38th parallel). However, I think China wouldn't be a friend of the US easily, probably never.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-24 20:40:25 |Display all floors

Point 2

By China's interest, China should be the US friend, at least not enemy, in 1950s and now. But the US wouldn't think so. Many books said that the US hawks made the mess in Korea war. But Hawks are/were not a person, is a group of political elite in America. The existence of the Hawks reflects the culture and political trend of the society of the US--European and Christien culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-24 20:46:11 |Display all floors

Point 3

The European history definted the nature of European culture, the history of Christien religion definted the nature of this religion. Comparing to China's history--less war, no religion nature; the European history was full of blood shed wars, religion conflicts. What the Europeans were educated of course include those bloody bad history, may not by purpose, but by every nature means, because it was real history.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-24 20:51:43 |Display all floors

Point 4

It generated the nature of European culture--aggressive. In other hand, China culture was grew based on Confussus philosophy--"Yu Ren Wei Shan"--be peaceful with others.

Please notice that I am not saying which is better or bad, it simply by the environment--China was lucky that islated from rest of the world in last thousand years but Europ was in the center of the conflicts of nations and religions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-24 20:55:21 |Display all floors

Point 5

So, as long as China is big, as long as China is strong, China will be considered as a threat to the west by the thinking of Europeans and Americans. Their thinking was curved by the thousand years of wars and religion conflict----If you are not my kind, then you are my enemy. If you are not my kind, and you are big/strong, then you are my enemy for sure!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.