Author: lau_guan_kim

New China is younger than the US in terms of political developments and modernit [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-1-17 20:33:07 |Display all floors

Reply: I see, one China hater puts the other China hater post up on top, I get i

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-18 13:43:58 |Display all floors

For China, she has to discard many unwanted items in the imperial baggage she in

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-18 16:30:59 |Display all floors

May time and wisdom heal.

Mr. Lau:

Your very recent post in this series was ambiguously addressed to a posted topic instead of an author (see the post entitled, "Reply: I see, one China hater puts the other China hater post up on top, I get it."). That poster to which you address your reply no longer appears to be posted. So, the author can not be identified. I know I didn't write the article to which you have addressed, but because of the ambiguity you have introduced, I wonder if you are directly or indirectly attempting to address me on this.

OK, perhaps, I wasn't really going about anything though. I am developing my thoughts, and still developing my ideas. I am freely expressing myself. I have no motive, except perhaps to find a way to peace in the world. Perhaps you think how I go about myself and my self-exploration and my own business is wrong. Should I be more careful?

I am a student to all of those that take the time and the effort, and the stamina, and the courage to speak out in this forum, and especially, if I seem to be the jerk that's getting in their way. I don't want to run any off of this forum, I don't want to dictate what they say and I don't want them to have what they say either threatened or controlled. Neither should I be censored, even if my approach to self-expression seems to be on a dangerous course of having the opposite effect of my intent! I would like to understand how I might be in danger of doing that and I am willing to consider any wisdom!

I have no control over what my cheer gang is going to do nor say. Neither do I have cohorts. I think a lot of folks in this forum agree with what I have been saying, apparently many of them say similar things. That does not make me part of some conspiracy!
\\\\\
Good for you, you are clearly a wise man, thoughtful and learned. You have been overly stressed and spending time with your loved ones is a sure indication of your wisdom.

I have mistreated you and I do not know you, and the fault is mine. I have been thinking about what I should say to you ever since I read your last post entitled "How 'peaceful' was "eightyeight" and neutral in this situation", under the World Conflict section, the topic was "The dormant Humanising Chinese Civilization". I am still thinking on what to say, many things I think.

Happy Chinese Lunar New Year to you Lau Guan Kim, and to all of your family and friends!

2004-01-17 11:17

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-18 21:52:26 |Display all floors

Reply: May time and wisdom heal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-22 05:29:01 |Display all floors

Reply: so what if china is younger?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-23 10:55:21 |Display all floors

Reply: Hello JodyLs

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-1-24 20:16:06 |Display all floors

Lau Guan Kim

Interesting points. I agree "New China is younger than the US in terms of political developments and modernity".

One question annoys me for long time is that why China took so long time to get on the right track on modernization in term of political strucutre and technology development? I mean compare to other East Asia nations, especially Japan.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.