Views: 2692|Replies: 6

活着 is my favorite Chinese movie. It is based on a novel by 余华. Any opinion [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-5-7 07:38:03 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-7 07:44:57 |Display all floors

Whitedevil,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-8 03:21:03 |Display all floors

Did anybody see this film?

I saw it 10 years ago and it has come out of DVD recently.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-8 03:22:50 |Display all floors

Whitedevil,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-8 06:15:01 |Display all floors

I bought it at the ...

Virgin Megastore in San Francisco.
http://www.virginmegamagazine.com/default.asp?vms=6

I was shocked to see it on the shelf.  

When I saw the 10 years ago woman were crying in the audience.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-8 07:23:04 |Display all floors

i like it

I couldn't help myself tearing up when reading the novel, where told the death of his son and his son-in-low, 4 years ago. It is the most depressing novel I've ever read. And I saw the moive last year, but didn't cry for it. I don't know....but I'm sure it's not as good as the book. The writer, Yu Hua is so crule that he makes everyone dead, leaving poor old Fugui alone in the world to live. ButIi remember the film has a more happy ending, seems to tell people there is a hope.

PS, whitedevil, I hope you do appreciate the moive, not laught at the rediculous story happened in old China. The famouse director, Zhang Yimou used to make films about narrow-minded people in the country, which gives wetern people a bad impression of old China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-8 07:43:41 |Display all floors

Reply: i like it

I appreciated the film very much.  I have suggested to people for ten years now.  One reason I was happy to see on DVD is now I can just lend friends the DVD rather then try to explain the story.

I think this was one of a series of Chinese films, in the 1990s, that were better then most of what was being produced in Hollywood.  I was wondering it was going to be the start of a creative film period for Chinese directors.

Film like this are really only shown in artsy movie houses.  Unfortunately, it is only the karate type film that makes it to mainstream movie theatre, leaving most people to think that is the best Chinese has to offer.

I think some of the male characters in Zhang Yimou films are intended to show what he believes is the problem historical with China.   I think he wants to give the Chinese people a perspective of themselves to foster change.  But it does seem the female character are portrayed a strong.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.