Views: 4126|Replies: 6

If you meet a beggar on the internet , do you like give some money to him? [Copy link] 中文

pepper has been deleted
Post time 2003-12-27 20:15:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-27 22:25:18 |Display all floors

You meet them everywhere.

A few months ago there was a young woman who charged a huge amount up to her credit cards and then found she couldn't pay. So, being quite a creative person, she set up a web page telling her sob story and asking people to send her some money to pay off her debt.
Amazinly, a large number of people were sympathetic enough to send her a lot of money. I think she had quite an intereating web site so she did at least give a little value for money.

There are millions of ways to part a fool from his money. Selling pet rocks made some people quite rich at one time. It was said that one clever person put an advert in a magazine that said "send five dollars" -- and apparently there were many who did.

Just as when you meet a beggar or a confidence trickster (con man) on the street, you must decide whether the internet ones are genuine and you must decide whether you can afford to part with your money.

One thing that will protect you is that all the internet scams ask you to donate using pay-pal or your credit card, and so far very few Chinese have credit cards.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-28 07:19:27 |Display all floors

he makes better living

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-28 09:55:58 |Display all floors

i know it before

i have known this kind thing from some magzin
i think mostly they are the true begger ,but they are advaced than their counterparts in the street! meanwhile ,actually they can get a lot of money.
but,how can   deal with the money just depend on themselves, so if you  want to offer some money to them, you can request their aim to beg the  money!
remember they r may have been a millionnare or a billionnare!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-28 11:34:20 |Display all floors

Beggar on the street

I saw many beggars on the street. and most of them are children or women. i dont like them not because they are a beggar. just because they have a good health (for women), they can find another way to make a living, and for children, the parents send their children to be a beggar, it is bad for their growing. That does not stand for i am a man without sympathy, i just think people should make their living using his own ability. If he want to get the money using the advantage of people's sympathy, then he is a cheat.

At the same time, i saw many beggars with deformity on the street, they are really pitiful, so sometimes i gave them little money. But i did not give them lot of money, because i am not a rich man, i am still wondering how i can get more money and let myself live a better life. hehe

Anyway, i have not met any beggar on internet, and i think even if someone ask me to give me some money, i will not. After all, there are too many virtual things on internet. Please dont laugh at me! ^_^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-28 16:43:43 |Display all floors

begger=beggar?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-29 08:14:32 |Display all floors

Begger? Beggar?

What is the mean of "begger"?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.