Views: 6648|Replies: 18

how will u do about it? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-4-1 16:58:55 |Display all floors
on last sunday morning ,as i passed through a poor little girl ,she holded out her dirty hand for reqiring money or something else .at that moment ,my heart was shocked .and then i pulled out my burse and gave her a little money .she said thank you to me sincerely and ran away.
if i have a lot of monoy ,i will creat a place for the homeless children .
i think they are pity and innocent! i don't know why the god treat them like that!
how will u  do about it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-1 17:21:34 |Display all floors

some are not innocent

they are taught how to get the money , if you don't give them money , they will seize your clothes , don't let you go . if you just give them a small bill , they will ask you for a bigger one . are they innocent ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-1 17:32:46 |Display all floors

in my mind ,all of babies when them were born are innocent.
their action and their thought are changed ,that will be a reason to explain it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-2 20:17:28 |Display all floors

^_^

Ohh, I think, that you're a very great person.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-3 11:23:41 |Display all floors

don't be blame urself gal

this exists many parts of the world ,even developed countries,originating from various reasons. in the world,everyone should earn his/her living,depending on himself/herself for the most part.therefore,u don't need to blame urself,just offer u should do,while else will be tackled by society.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-3 11:42:47 |Display all floors

Beggars in China

When I was in Shenzhen a year or so ago I saw quite a few beggars trying to get money.  One chap had no legs, and had witten a long story (presumably about his life, unfortunately I cannot understand Mandarin). He was lying face down on the concrete of a pedestrian overpass.  It was a most  pityful sight for me, and an image which has remained in my memory.  I often wonder how he survives, and I also wonder why he cannot get help from the government.

Begging is common in most countries in the world, and not all beggars are poor, but many are.  Nevertheless, as decent citizens and fellow human beings we have a duty to try and help, if not by giving money, then by alerting the authorities to the plight of these people, and maybe advising the beggars where they can go fo help.

I think your idea of a home for the genuine homeless children is most commendable. Why not get a group of concerned people together and see what you can do to help.  All things are possible to those who dare to try!

I wish you the very best of luck.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-3 12:23:31 |Display all floors

Pass the laws to make it illegal for homeless to stay outdoors and beggars to be

New York City as well as many western countries have passed the laws to make it illegal for homeless people to stay outdoors and also aggressively arrest beggars !

We do not buy the  "emotional ,dramatic and theatrical" beggers with loss of limbs or handicapped and present themselves in the overpass and subways stations to beg.

Detail research indicates some are professional beggars with USD $300,000 dollars home and nice cars but prefer to beg. (very rare) But most are mentally ill, poorly differentiated schizophrenia, alcoholics, and others are substance abuse and have mental illnesses.

The use of children to beg is very common and the best way is to ignore them. To give money to them beats the purpose of the social agencies to provide education, shelters and training for those who truly need help.

I hope the lessons I learnt in the 1970's in New York City Times Square showed that aggressive arrests of those people who pretended to be homeless and beggars and using children to beg for money did not work and wouldl face persecution and imprisonment !!

I  do have a heart but giving money to a child who begs is not the solution to solve this chronic social problem !!!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.