Author: claire

Recommend: Shanghai Reality [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-5-23 09:01:44 |Display all floors

HK and Shanghai..not the same?

I am bearing no prejudice to HK over Shanghai.  I think Shanghai is a nice city with great big buildings.  As an visitor, I respect their culture and people but I find it very difficult to live here after one year.  Witnessing the lack of common sense both at the office environment and the public.  I just visited HK not long ago and I find it much easier to get around and dealing with things.   Yes, it's crowded, congested but I hardly come across men/women gathering up their phlegm and made those horrible sound at spitting, gotten pushed at the subway/public areas.  English speaking can be found, no need to worry about toilets as like in Shanghai when I went out, taxi guys actually answered me back and noone jumped to hog my taxi.  I find it as civilized as Shanghai looks,  the people are not civilized yet.  The government should spend more money on the public's education.

I remember my friend said about HK, they are snobby and rude should you have to experience any side of it.  However, in China..they just don't know better.

If I had to chose to to say which place I'm impress with, I would pick HK.  I'm sure if anyone from China had visited the developed country would understand.  

Just my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-29 15:49:56 |Display all floors

shanghai is a tragedy

once I asked my German boss how about shanghai, he said to me "shanghai is a tragedy" ,he was bored with the mess of large population; he was gloomy by the depressive builds anywhere... and he was also very puzzled why in china the city of shenzhen looks like HK, and the shanghai looks like shenzhen in parellel. is this a chinese characteristic?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-2 23:56:11 |Display all floors

A TOP CITY OF CHINA

Frankly, I consider Shanghai a top city of China.Though it still needs improvement, but it is a comparative idea. HK has a different culture from Shanghai.The two should be compared in details. I preferrde Shanghai to Beijing, which is a centre of politic. What's more the weather in Shanghai is better, which provides a better condition for living, not like Beijing that people have to worry about the sandstorm for some time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-6 09:52:16 |Display all floors

oh,pls tell me..

which city is perfect for you?
How can you compare Shanghai to HK? 20 years to 100 years?
Don't worry about shanghai.
sooner or later,shanghai will beyond HK.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-22 16:17:55 |Display all floors

Hey, notice !!!

Hey, guys!
I can't help speaking out my thoughts!
1. Many foreigners love Shanghai, and some love BeiJing or ShenZhen. I think every place has it's merit and demerit and what you can do is to choose the place you like to live. Please notice, many of my overseas friends like living in Shanghai! It's also a fact! Choosing a city to live just like choosing a lifestyle.I believe it!
2. Yes! Maybe Shanghai is not so good as HK  or other big cities. But please notics it's natural that most of native inhabitants can't speak well because Shanghai is not like HK which has been controlled by UK for many years. We have different culture background!
3.  If you like Japan. Okay, go to Japan,don't stay here! I hope u are not Chinese, or shame on you!They are polite? Damn it! Most of them are wolves but guised to be sheep!
4. Anyway, if you don't like Shanghai, please leave it! As for China, I admit  that they are not so great so charming like other countries but a son or a daughter will not consider that his or her mother ugly!
I love China ! I love Shanghai!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-22 22:24:19 |Display all floors

There is some difficult for me to understand exactly what you say

I'll read it again to learn it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-22 22:51:19 |Display all floors

It's very good

The author pointed out the limitation of the development of Shanghai.
I agree that Shanghai's development is horrow . It maybe miss the direction. The city has its great aspiration, but  just surplus of symbolic infrastructions,  and lack of something inner.
I find our city is eager for quick success and instant benefit.
I think we should know the way is long,and work steadily.
and we should have detailed  aim after analysis the city's pitch according to the city's specity.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.