Author: claire

Recommend: Shanghai Reality [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-3-17 20:34:14 |Display all floors

it is beautiful,but is not so satisfied.

i think although it has been  developing well,but too quick ,which makes its people not well fit to it .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-19 11:24:27 |Display all floors

Shanghai is a shit hole; HK is a world city.

There is no comparison.

Which one  would YOU rather bring your kids up in?

Once all those investors realise that the figures produced to entice their investment are fictional, they will pull their money out (the HEAD of BoC has just been SACKED for FRAUD). Did you not see all the empty shells of unsold buildings just left to rot? 1 year old and they look like something from 1960s N. Korea. You say Shanghai is cheap! Try living there on a salary of 1,000 Kwai a month!

5,000 years of history my left foot! What's it done for them?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-20 08:49:55 |Display all floors

Good stuff

Hey. You did a great job telling us how you feel.  I agree with you that shanghai is not yet near Hong Kong.  You are right about giving it time and see how it will become.  Many Chinese people either from Shanghai or other places don’t understand the fact that no matter what shanghai is trying to become, its current image to the world is exactly what you have described in your article.  I am from Hong Kong and have been in New York for a long time.  As far as I know, Shanghai is the economic capital of China, just like New York in the US.  And many of you guys are right, Shanghai should be different.  Yet, maybe the Chinese government should direct it better, so next time all foreigners will know what is shanghai all about before they get there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-20 14:34:44 |Display all floors

SELRAHC

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-20 15:01:36 |Display all floors

ha, ha: pathetic

HK is superb, a world class city: THE city of Asia; China is like a bad day in Beruit.

I prefer JAPAN where the people are POLITE, CLEAN, EDUCATED, and CIVILISED . Seoul, too, is VASTLY superior to anything China has to offer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-21 01:34:58 |Display all floors

im agree with you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-22 10:33:32 |Display all floors

shanghai is such a depressed city

shanghai is such a  depressed city

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.