Views: 2571|Replies: 12

Please help me [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-2-19 13:56:03 |Display all floors
I had had some ____in school ,so my  parents decided to let me work  full-time with my dad.
A.difficulty    B.trouble   C.questions   D.problems
would you tell me the aswer and explain to me ?
thanks

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-19 14:55:44 |Display all floors

hi

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-19 21:14:51 |Display all floors

Re:

I had had some ____in school ,so my parents decided to let me work full-time with my dad.
A.difficulty B.trouble C.questions D.problems
应该是trouble,尽管每一个都有问题的意思,但只有trouble有惹事生非的意思,因为后一句似乎是表示一种惩罚,这样上下文才贯通。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-20 00:26:14 |Display all floors

The answer "problems" is correct.

Re: "I had had some PROBLEMS in school ,so my parents decided to let me work full-time with my dad."

"roblems" can mean difficulty in learning, difficulty getting along with other students, transportation problems, financial problems ( for tuition fees, food, books, uniforms, accomodations, etc.), etc., etc.,... In the sentence, "work full-time" , indicates that the speaker is ALREADY working part-time with his dad and this can be due to financial difficulties.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-20 03:46:16 |Display all floors

work

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-20 06:16:16 |Display all floors

Re: work

Re: "MY parents DECIDED TO LET......' indicates that the student DID NOT HAVE TO leave school but that (s)he and his(her) parents decided that (s)he WOULD leave school."

Ha ha ha.......! Tell me, for the sake of argrument, if your parents "decided to let" you leave school, would that mean that, you "WOULD leave school", or "you SHOULD leave school"?? Remember, you WOULDN'T have to leave school if you had the means to continue and support yourself, but if you didn't have the means and your parents were to cut-off their financial and moral support to you, whether inadvertently or not, SHOULDN'T that make you leave school?

Since you can't even tell the difference between "would" and "should", don't you think that it's high time that you took a refresher course in ELEMENTARY ENGLISH GRAMMAR before opening your trap, oh "mostly canadian"??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-20 08:41:56 |Display all floors

trouble

"Trouble" in school would cause the troublemaker to be expelled.  He would then be forced to do something else--such as working with his father.  Often, a student who is expelled is reluctant to say that he was expelled.

In English, it is common to say "I had some trouble with..." whatever you cannot do anymore.

Many students have "difficulty."  "Difficulty" affording school uniforms and books, "difficulty" with class work, "difficulty" getting along with others.  But very few students leave school because of "difficulty."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.