Views: 2313|Replies: 8

what's the meaning of "resident" here? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-2-6 15:44:16 |Display all floors
the"resident" here really confused me !!
→ Ian Wright, the Pilot Guides Globe Trekker anchor man and "resident" lunatic has been travellinf solidly for 7  years....
→We meet up with Ian and find out the truth behind our "resident" Mr adventure....
thanks for ur help:))

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-7 01:11:14 |Display all floors

不明白

原文http://www.pilotguides.com/community/features/ian_wright_interview.php

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-7 08:08:54 |Display all floors

companion, mate

"Resident" means that the person is an expert or enthusiast who just happens to be an ordinary acquaintance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-7 08:17:31 |Display all floors

just a point!

'resident' refers here, given the context, to this guy's crazy love about moving and traveling around, and everytime he moves or travels to a new place, he will stay there for a while as a 'resident', perhaps for cultural experience or some other reasons, as it was not indicated.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-7 11:58:04 |Display all floors

Mickey's explanation sounds more preferable to me.

And I like the style of Ian wirght's presentation on his Pilot program. Such a short guy with funny but enjoyable accent!

BTW there used to be Pilot programs on "旅游卫视".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-9 19:40:53 |Display all floors

thank u all!

thanks for all of ur help:)
Ian is my favorite presenter!
Yes, we can see his show" sometimes" on 旅游卫视....but unfortunately we can't see the original version here(I mean with no Chinese...)..sad

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-9 19:46:09 |Display all floors

thank u all!

thanks for all of ur help:)
Ian is my favorite presenter!
Yes, we can see his show" sometimes" on 旅游卫视....but unfortunately we can't see the original version here(I mean with no Chinese...)..sad

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.