Views: 5485|Replies: 8

Can anyong tell me waht is love?what dose it like? I really want to know very mu [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-2-2 12:39:54 |Display all floors
thank you, if anyone can tell me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-2 13:36:02 |Display all floors

what is love?

what is love? A lot of people shared their views to what Love really is, or at least what Love is in their eyes. Perhaps love is just an illusion. A strong illusion, especially for those who are searching for a purpose of life. Is love an answer? Love can be wonderful, special, complicated, a distress, a gift, a curse, a tragedy, and most of all, an experience.
To My Friends Who Are........... SINGLE
Love is like a butterfly,
The more you chase it, the more it eludes you,
But if you just let it fly, it will come to you when you least expect  it.
Love can make you happy but often it hurts,
but love's only special when you give it to someone who is really worth  it.
So take your time and choose the best.  
To My Friends Who Are............ NOT SO SINGLE
Love isn't about becoming somebody else's" perfect person."
It's about finding someone who helps you become the best person you can be.
To My Friends Who Are............ PLAYBOY/GIRL TYPE
Never say "I love you" if you don't care.
Never talk about feelings if they aren't there.
Never touch a life if you mean to break a heart.
Never look in the eye when all you do is lie.
The cruelest thing a guy can do to a girl is to let her fall in love
when he doesn't intend to catch her fall and it works both ways...
To My Friends Who Are............ MARRIED
Love is not about "it's your fault", but "I'm sorry"
not "where are you', but "I'm right here" not "how
could you", but "I understand" not "I wish you were",
but "I'm thankful you are."
To My Friends Who Are............ ENGAGED
The true measure of compatibility is not the years spent together but
how good you are for each other.
To My Friends Who Are............ HEARTBROKEN
Heartbreaks last as long! as you want and cut as deep as you allow them to go.
The challenge is not how to survive heartbreaks but to learn from them
To My Friends Who Are............ NAIVE
How to be in love: Fall but don't stumble,
be consistent but not too persistent, share and never be unfair,
understand and try not to demand,
and get hurt but never keep the pain.
To My Friends Who Are............POSSESSIVE
It breaks your heart to see the one you love happy with someone else,
but it's more painful to know that the one you love is unhappy with you.
To My Friends Who Are............ AFRAID TO CONFESS
Love hurts when you break up with someone.
It hurts even more when someone breaks up with you.
But love hurts the most when the person you love has no idea how you
feel.
To My Friends Who Are............ STILL HOLDING ON
A sad thing about life is when you meet someone and fall in love only to
find out in the end that it was never meant to be,
and that you have wasted years on someone who wasn't worth it.
If he isn't worth it now he's not going to be worth it a year or 10 years from now.
Let go.....
TO ALL MY FRIENDS.......
My wish for you is a man/women who's love is honest, strong, mature,
never-changing, uplifting, protective, encouraging, rewarding and  unselfish

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-2 15:48:04 |Display all floors

great words

these are really something worth knowing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-2 16:00:07 |Display all floors

each person will probably feel differently

I cannot tell you what love will feel like to you.  But I can tell you what it is for me.  

There are two types of love for me: passionate love and wedded love.

Before I was married, passionate love was pretty much all I knew.  For example, take one of my ex-girlfriends, Kristin.  Being with her was a sense of losing myself.  I thought, or maybe convinced myself, that she was everything I ever wanted.  It's almost as if I was "high" on something addictive.  I thought about her every moment I could spare, wanted to be with her every chance I got.  Whenever we are together, sense of joy overwhelmed me.  And even when she's not around, a mere thought of being loved by her would bring a smile to my face, and everything around me, the trees, the air, the sun, just felt so wondrously perfect.  The relationship was like a giant whirlpool that drew me in.  All I wanted was to feel more, to feel deeper, to have it all.  At times, I was all man, protecting her against any real and imaginary threats, told her sincerely that I would die for her.  At other times, I was like a foolish little kid, whining and doing things that I would be too embarrassed to speak of now.  It didn't matter, all I wanted was to get another smile or another giggle out of her, anyway that I could.  

But this type of love feels strongest when I realize just how vulnerable and painfully my heart rests on something that's so unreasonable and unstable.  The first few breakups were the worst.  When I was 16 years old, I remember I felt as if my heart exploded.  Every emotion came rushing out, love, hate, self-loathing, jealousy, anger, and despair.  I tried to play cool, but after she left and no one was around, I broke down and cried.  Later, I took a knife and gashed my left palm.  With the same passion that I felt for love, I swore that I would never love again; never to let my heart be taken away from me.  When I think of it now, I can’t help but to sigh.  I was too young, loved too deeply, and loved only with my heart.  All the later breakups weren't as bad, although they were never easy.

That was 12 years ago.  Now, I’ve been happily married for more than 5 years now.  When I was dating my wife, much of the same passion once dominated.  But the difference between her and all the other girls was that she somehow gave me a sense of assurance.  Something about her made me look forward to marriage, and believed that we will be happy together for the rest of our lives.  Yes, there is still passion, and yes she still makes me smile inexplicably when I think of her.  But the love we feel is much more forward looking.  I realized that all the previous relationships were seeking happiness for the moment.  But she made me want to be a better man, and build a future for the both of us.  Of course, there were plenty of times when we argued and fought, especially during the first couple of years of our marriage.  But we both we both understood how we truly felt about each other, and we always came through.

5 years later, passion is even less important than it was in the beginning.  In its place is just this warm feeling, an understanding that we live for the both of us.  All the joy and sacrifices are shared, and without the melodrama that used to fill the previous relationships.  Now love is largely not expressed with wild nights together, nor some expensive gifts or even bundles of flowers.  Now, it’s that sweet kiss on the lips before we go to work in the morning.  It’s in the aroma of her cooking when I return home.  It’s in the clean clothing she gives me after I worked around the house.  It’s in her smiles when I make her some soup when she’s ill.  It’s in all these little things that give me a feeling of belonging to this home.  It makes me feel anchored, assured that I grew up to be someone that I’m unashamed of.  Because of it, I feel as peace and fulfilled.  Perhaps, this is what it feels like to find the meaning of life.

I hope this wasn't too much rambling.  Best of luck to you.  ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-3 06:32:12 |Display all floors

read prior posts

Will you please read prior posts instead of starting a new thread?  This is as bad as the gal who wants a fake marriage for a US Green Card and a community property divorce, and keeps posting "will you accept no sex marriage."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-7 16:16:41 |Display all floors

thank you

thank you for joining me on the topic,but I really can not understand what love is.I feel sad,I have no boyfriend

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-7 16:38:52 |Display all floors

I share with Xiphoid's experience and agree totally his experience of "love" !

I do have to add the so-called "passionate love" is very dangerous and put you at risk of not just heart breaking but expose yourself to many vulnerable situation and may even embarrass yourself and in some cases causing harm to your own health and life !

Love can "kill" and I hope most CHINA DAILY readers think this question very carefully before engaged into so-called "passionate love". It may ruin your life.

The first response is only a poem and serve no purposes in real life of love. There is no two same "stories" of love and love is very difficult to define and I hope what Xiphoid's posting shows what true love is--sharing and appreciation of each others and growing together !

Sincerely,

Selrahc

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.