Post time 2005-4-27 05:13:01 |Display all floors

yazlixn, you are so kind!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-28 09:58:22 |Display all floors

so are you:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-28 14:53:14 |Display all floors

a psycho research

I happened to have taken part in a qualitative research for a cigarette company.  The research was conducted to find out the deepest psyshological implications of smokers so that the cigarette company could develop their communication strategies accordingly.

What the research found out was that for men, most of them picked up smoking as teenagers while the average age of new female smokers is older.

For guys, smoking implies the wish to be grownups.  teanage boys demonstrate to be grownups and do adult men's things, such as earning money, shaving, chasing girls, and smoking.  That's why most of the cigarette ADs have figures of mature men with a lot of beard, which satisfies young boys' grownup dreams.

It is different with women.  The research found out that women smokers' deepest psychological implication is about sex.  To have a stick in mouth looks sexy.  That's why we see cigarett ADs, when female smokers are presented, have sexy women figures.   That explains also the fact that on average, female smokers start smoking at a later age than their male counterparts.

As this thread is about female smokers, I'm going to leverage more about women smokers.  They want to look sexy, it doesn't mean they are after sex.   Wanting to look sexy is a signal calling for attention.  A woman sexily dressed up probably is not into sex.  She might simply feel ignored and it is a way to express the idea that she wants to please men around her.

I see some posts say that a woman smoker gives an impression of a prostitute.  Though I agree that a female smoker doesn't equal to a prostitute, the sex implication is not wrong.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-28 16:42:40 |Display all floors

it is just the prejudice

I think it is just the prejudice that the young girl smokes on public. Because we do not see that often around us, if  seeing the old ladies smoking, maybe we will feel nothing, just depend on the social developement.

But considerating the healthy, i think the ladies do not smoke.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-3 15:52:27 |Display all floors

it's natural

now we often see many women smoke in public.I think it's very common and natural.Through there are  much less  women  smoking than men.
smoking is also a right as well as men.although many people think the women who smokes may be  a bad woman. I dont know the reason why many women smokes but we needm't have to discrimminate it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-3 15:52:30 |Display all floors

it's natural

now we often see many women smoke in public.I think it's very common and natural.Through there are  much less  women  smoking than men.
smoking is also a right as well as men.although many people think the women who smokes may be  a bad woman. I dont know the reason why many women smokes but we needm't have to discrimminate it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-3 16:54:44 |Display all floors

Smoking

May 3, 2005

I am thinking: this poor thing is going to suffer in the future, and, she smells pretty bad.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.