Views: 2325|Replies: 5

Please give me some suggestion.Please!!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-12-17 10:17:05 |Display all floors
My BF's cousin will get married the day after tomorrow.

My BF gets lost what to choose as  marriage present.

He asks me for my advice.

I put forward my proposal,but he seems not to satisfy my suggestion.

In your opinion,what should be given as a gift?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-17 10:57:53 |Display all floors

think, think, and think

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-17 13:12:08 |Display all floors

don't know about chinese customs

but here in the US, we tend to give gifts that the newlyweds can use to.  The couples would often register at a store and give them a list of what they want.  Then we guests would just check the list at the store, and see what they need, and what has been bought by other guests.

Things I was given when I got married:  sets of dinner wares, clocks, blankets and pillows, a 2 person bike (LOL)...

Things I gave out:  a set of decrative plates (these are for display, not for use).  A bamboo picnic basket set.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-17 14:03:49 |Display all floors

Thanks

Thanks for your precious suggestion.
The gifts you mentioned are very practical.
I will pass on your advice to my BF for his reference.
In fact,my BF hopes that something given would have memorial value.

Are there volunteers?please speak out your view and share it with me.

Please!

He is waiting for my answer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-17 17:45:48 |Display all floors

wedding present

If your bf wants to give a present for them to remember, then he needs to think of something which they did together, something which will bring back good memories, of good times together. If your bf must be satisfied with this present, then HE must think of it for himself.

In business there is a good trick - you think of an idea and let the boss think HE has thought of it by himself. (in business the boss will probably take the credit for your idea anyway!) The same thing here - if you think of a poor suggestion, then he will blame you. He is the only one who knows what he wants to give to his cousin.  Of course, it is a game you can play if you both want to !!  

Sorry,in my experience in the west, this is the sort of game a woman will play - she asks a man what she should do, and then does not really want the answer you give. It is better to let her decide for herself. It is a no-win situation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-17 18:46:40 |Display all floors

charlenewong

The most memorial gift for a man would be something he dreamed of in his childhood.

I was dreaming of being a warcraft pilot when I was a child. I received a model warcraft as a wedding gift from one of my childhood friends. That's the one I like the best of all the wedding gifts I received, and it still stands on my bookshelf.

So ask your bf what he knows about his cousine's childhood dream. That may help you find the solution.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.