Author: dinah:)

As an English learner, do you like western festivals? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-11-29 09:18:45 |Display all floors

Recently,I became a lover of western festivals

I  almost paid no attention to the western festivals in the past,including Christmas.But now,i am crazy with them on account of the need of leaning english and my interest to english.A article on Thanksgiving which came form our english textbook arosed my memory of  many people who helped me,i wanted to say thanks to them.Western festivals given me a good chane to express my moving feeling----other simple reason.Liking them form that moment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-29 12:21:34 |Display all floors

attention!

you have the wrong information about Thanks giving,
i think,such as ,not only in usa own this kind of festival,but +++

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-29 16:50:13 |Display all floors

Western festivals

Thanksgiving day is just for Americans.
Just like in Asia, where deffierent nations have their own festivals, in the western countries, they also have their own festivals although they hold sometime similar religional belief.
So the western festivals is just a very faint concept.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-29 22:35:12 |Display all floors

Chinese traditions out dated

Tony Lee,
chinese customs are not that specail.
the rest of the world simply laughs at them!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-30 00:16:23 |Display all floors

Be happy

Tony Lee, you are so cynical about things that can be happy. People cannot be conned into buying things. People choose to buy things.

But, in the America, we too don't like it when our holidays and festivals become too commercialized, such that they lose their true meaning of bringing families and friends together to celebrate and eat good food.

And is not a lot of money spent, during the Chinese New Year? In America, I celebrate the Chinese festivals with my Chinese friends, and I give red envelopes and various gifts.

But, the people of China should be happy if Americans spend a lot of money on gifts. I think you would be very surprised if you were to go into an American shopping mall. You would see all of the stores full of nice products manufactured in China. The more we spend, the more the people of China benefit.

Now, Tony Lee, get ready to celebrate the spirit of Christmas and buy a lot of gifts for people. Don't be a cheap miser, hahaha!

whatsup, you are wrong. Mainly, the average American might know only of Chinese New Year, but Americans do not laugh at Chinese festivals, unless they are completely stupid and insensitive--and every country has people like that.

Use magic tools Report

heavin has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-30 08:53:34 |Display all floors

i like

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-30 09:36:01 |Display all floors

I like chinese traditional festival

Every country has it's own festival,and msot of the festivales are relative to the history and culture of the country.
I don't like western festival very much,and also my friends!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.