Views: 3410|Replies: 2

China can defeat Japan! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-11-18 13:00:49 |Display all floors
More than a decade ago, Deng tried to initiate talks with the Japanese regarding his proposal to jointly share resrouces in the East Sea and to reach an agreement over the Diaoyu Islands. The fact that the Japanese immediately rejected the proposal shows Japan's desperate reliance on imported energies. Little did China know at the time that it would surpass Japan to become the world's 2nd largest importer of oil.

Till today, unfortunately, Japan has managed to retain its leverage over China, which should NOT be the case considering their political insignificance and un-accounted war crimes. The reason why Japan has been able to achieve all these is its economic dominance, which is sustained by prolific private sector innovations. China, therefore, has to combat Japan on the economic battleground, with consumer technology as its weapon. The war can be won with a good combination of defense and offense, provided that China creates the right socio-economic enviornment for technological innovations. Japan had fought such a war too, losing against the US in the beginning but quickly becoming a fierce competitor.

I hope that I will one day see high-quality Chinese branded names in electronics, automotive, and other industries. To achieve this, China must start investing its next generation engineers and scientists now! I believe its obsession with TW is limiting its spending on education; the money that should have been spent to education has been going into developing weapons to attack TW.

China is a member of security council, with de-facto support from France and Russia, I don't see why it should get so agitated over a small island. China should concentrate on its own economic development with policies designed to combat its true rival - the Japanese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-7 16:16:13 |Display all floors

agreed

china now just like a factory without its own brand ,and can only get a margin money from pay of the process which is called neutral packing,what's the worse is some people begin to get a sense of satisfaction and boast about the things that treated like dirt by others.so what we do now are not the must-do for a beginner of  economy.and bearing this in mind: we are still a lot backward! let the boasters see the life in the rural areas,let them know there are still a lot of people cant get their food.there are still a lot of 'wasters'.and there are still a lot of unreasonable rules and policies  hated to death by the people and there are a lot of children cant get the education which is the essence of development of a country.and there are still a lot of  plains from the people. to conclude my words the criterion a rich country is the people is rich that is' we should have our own brand"
20041207161699c7.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-16 08:00:04 |Display all floors

If you believe in Chinese Nationalism

Please check out this site, it promotes global Chinese unity.

http://www.chinesenationalistalliance.org/

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.