Views: 3868|Replies: 6

People's Daily Online - China strongly dissatisfied with Vietnam's illegal biddi [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-10-21 20:09:43 |Display all floors
In a press conference, Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Zhang Qiyue expressed China's strong dissatisfaction with PetroVietnam's unilateral decision to invite public bidding on oil and gas exploration on disputed waters in the South China Sea.

Question: Recently, PetroVietnam unilaterally invited public bidding on oil and gas exploration on disputed waters in the South China Sea, and some international petroleum companies have since expressed interest in the bidding. What's China's reaction to that?

Zhang Qiyue: As is known to all, China's sovereignty over the Nansha Islands and adjacent waters is indisputable. The illegal action taken unilaterally by the Vietnamese side constitutes an infringement upon China's sovereignty and maritime rights. We are strongly dissatisfied,  and have lodged a protest to the Vietnamese side.

Zhang Qiyue: We hope that the Vietnamese side would correct its wrongs as soon as possible by faithfully abiding by the consensus reached by the both sides and by the principles of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea. It should cease to adopt any unilateral action that would further escalate the dispute, and work together with countries concerned in the area to maintain peace and stability of the South China Sea area.

Zhang Qiyue: At the same time, we also hope that relevant international petroleum companies would truly respect the solemn stance of the Chinese Government on this issue and cease any actions that would impair China's sovereignty and maritime rights and interests.

By People's Daily Online

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-21 20:42:15 |Display all floors

From www.singtao.com

京 強 烈 抗 議 越 招 探 南 海 油

( 星 島 日 報 報 道 ) 中 國 外 交 部 對 越 南 在 南 海 爭 議 海 域 招 標 油 氣 勘 探 強 烈 不 滿 。 外 交 部 發 言 人 章 啟 月 昨 天 表 示 , 中 方 對 越 南 侵 犯 中 國 主 權 權 利 和 海 洋 權 益 的 做 法 嚴 重 關 切 , 已 向 越 方 提 出 交 涉 。

最 近 , 越 南 國 家 油 氣 總 公 司 對 南 海 部 分 爭 議 海 域 單 方 面 進 行 油 氣 勘 探 招 標 , 一 些 國 際 石 油 公 司 已 對 此 表 示 有 興 趣 。 中 國 外 交 部 發 言 人 章 啟 月 昨 天 針 對 此 問 題 , 透 過 外 交 部 的 網 站 作 出 回 應 。

章 啟 月 說 : 「 眾 所 周 知 , 中 國 對 南 沙 群 島 及 其 附 近 海 域 擁 有 無 可 爭 辯 的 主 權 。 越 南 上 述 做 法 侵 犯 了 中 國 主 權 權 利 和 海 洋 權 益 , 中 方 對 此 嚴 重 關 切 , 並 已 向 越 方 提 出 交 涉 。 」

章 啟 月 進 一 步 表 示 , 「 我 們 希 望 越 方 盡 快 糾 正 錯 誤 做 法 , 切 實 恪 守 雙 方 共 識 以 及 《 南 海 各 方 行 為 宣 言 》 的 宗 旨 和 原 則 , 不 採 取 任 何 可 能 導 致 爭 端 複 雜 化 或 擴 大 化 的 單 方 面 行 動 , 與 本 地 區 有 關 國 家 一 道 , 以 實 際 行 動 維 護 南 海 地 區 的 和 平 與 穩 定 。 」

2004/10/21

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-23 15:10:49 |Display all floors

To the second spot on the S.H.I.T. list

Did you check the top post as well and see if I edited it?

If not, why not?

:)

Keep up the good work, he-dumb!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-23 15:22:18 |Display all floors

"As is known to all" ??? YES, all Chinese know this. As known to all.

"As is known to all, China has indisputable sovereignty over the Nansha Islands and adjacent waters."

Very Good Hedan, well written.

Yes, as known to all.

Use magic tools Report

crazyazn has been deleted
Post time 2004-10-23 17:25:29 |Display all floors

:):):) strongly dissatisfied !!

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

crazyazn has been deleted
Post time 2004-10-23 23:27:09 |Display all floors

Editing!!

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-29 14:01:12 |Display all floors

A question about the People's Daily Online

Mr. Thestud,

I've tried several times to register at the People's Daily Online and I think I've never been successful, probably because I'm not filling out their online registration form as I'm supposed to do.  A good many of their data boxes call for English language characters and terms, but many do not, or at least are defined in zn rather than en.  Whenever I submit, I get a bunch of cyrilic-looking error messages that mean nothing to me...except that something in my form probably wasn't right.  I've asked for help by using their "feedback" button, but I've had no help message in regard to my difficulty.  

Can you advise me what to do?  I think some foreign devils are posting there, so it may be that I'm not smart enough to hack the site without a clue or two.

Thank you, Sir.

Best,

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.