Author: brouveret

Chinese girl in US looking for friends. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-10-19 12:32:55 |Display all floors

Doing Great!

Hi Wangli,

Friends are friends, does not matter where they are from.

I've been in US for almost 7 years... now have my own business in the next trillion dollar market.

I have friends all over the world literally... and live with my sweet husband in our house with our dog Lucie. We've been married for almost a year now. Just celebrated my 29th birthday five days ago... We're going to the Caribbean's for our anniversary next month.

Good day to you, too!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-19 13:14:03 |Display all floors

Hi

Hi, Irene,
It's the best suggestion of learning English and the woman that I have been meet in this forum!
As a man who have not been out of abroad, but the working language is English, I find the big problem is how to use the English way to speak English.
Would you like to teaching us the American thinking  way in spoken English?
Thanks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-19 21:48:53 |Display all floors

China-lee

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your kind words... if only I could measure up to it

I'd be happy to help out, but in no way am I a teacher.

Sometimes we hear the English people laugh about how Americans speak English... this means not all Americans adhere to all the rules of English. However, in my opinion, language's first purpose is a tool of communication. We first need to let other parties understand what we are trying to say, and vice versa.

Sometimes the Chinese way of teaching emphasizing on being perfect, at least from my own experience, getting 98% at a test was not really good. This somehow ristricts students from braving the speaking part of learning.

I lived in Europe for one year in 1997, it's fun to see how the Italians or Spanish people try to speak English, they are so enthusiastic, but almost no grammar at all. But I understood what they were trying to tell me at all times.

I encourage everyone to open their mouth and speak the foreign language they want to learn, only by doing can we overcome fear of making mistakes.

For foreigners, they are just happy that we can speak a foreign language. It's not easy for them to speak Chinese.

Have FUN!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-20 09:20:01 |Display all floors

good advice

I can't believe you are just a twenties-aged girl, good advice and suggestions, for all beginning learners just like us, good job! and hope you will continue at all times, God bless you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-21 01:00:49 |Display all floors

Thanks Aarron!

To share and to learn, together!

Cheers!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-21 08:18:53 |Display all floors

good words

hi brouveret
     Thanks  for  your  good  suggestion  and  website  in advance.and  thanks  your words "For  foreigners,they  are just  happy  that  we can
speak  a foreign language,it's  not  easy  for them  to speak  chinese",
which  give me  much courage  to  speak english  hardily.
       As  long as  we  can  express our  opinion  in english  and   make
the foreigner   understand  what  we say,i  think  it's  a success .although we  cannot   speak  it  smoothly  like  them.we  can  communicate  with
the foreigner  in their   language,  what   should  we  fear?if  we  have  this  kind  of  mind ,we  would  make  large  progrss in  foreign  language]
aspect.
            raymondy Oct.21

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-21 14:54:26 |Display all floors

i want to be your good friends

hi,i gald to see you .  
   i'm girl ,i'm come from xi'an.if you want  to be friend with me.
   My QQ is 286070794 and welcome you to chat in english with me.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.