Author: iluv2fish

one child policy, where will it lead? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-20 08:38:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by anacaona at 2007-1-13 19:40
If China's so worried about their "overpopulation" why dont they let the people who want to leave China leave? they could go to less populated places, or places that need/ want more peopl ...

Sorry,  but that question has already been answered, as soon as the emigration from China increases, Racism against Chinese immigrants increases.  It's nice to have easily solved problems but this is not one.  

Down with the One Child Policy!  It's a genocide!
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-27 15:20:07 |Display all floors
When will China stop the One Child Policy?  

India is going to have 1.5 billion by 2050 with half the land compared to China, this One Child Policy needs to end.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-28 02:43:17 |Display all floors
I think the policy is 100% dead on right, only the chinese had the foresight ( after huge costly errors) to promote this. well done.

would another 10% of the world , mostly chinese and living in misery be better? prehaps more abortions?

the rest of the world is heading gleefully into headlong disaster, only china is modifying that trend.

there wont really be a 100 billion people on this earth and 400 degree heat, ther will be mass death like weve never seen, with 99.9% of them being poor.
welldone china, what are other countries doing?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-2 20:09:31 |Display all floors

I copied this from "overpopulation".

Overpopulation:

Chinese people must stop overpopulating China. It can cripple China's advancement.

If China cannot feed, educate, and employ all these extra people, China will continue to have hoards of poor people. Thus, China will continue to suffer as a third world nation.

Here is a scenario. If in 2005 China has a wealth of $1 trillion and a population of 1 billion, then China has a per capital wealth is $1000 per person.

If in 2020 China's economy quadruples to $4 trillion and the population grows to 3 billion, China's per capita wealth is  $1333.33 per person.

However, if in 2020, China has controlled its population growth so that China's population is still only 1 billion, then China's per capita wealth is $4000 per person.

More wealth per person = more education, food, and opportunities per person = higher quality person = a better Chinese nation.

Overpopulation will keep China perpetually poor. China must stop overpopulation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-3 02:28:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2007-3-2 20:09
Overpopulation:

Chinese people must stop overpopulating China. It can cripple China's advancement.

If China cannot feed, educate, and employ all these extra people, China will continue to ha ...

True but every country needs cheap labour and as you can tell America is addicted to it which is why USA will not build a full fence between Mexico and USA, if we didn't have cheap labour (Mexicans) then our economy would suffer.  

By that time when the Chinese urban class becomes rich, they would have no problem providing education to the rural population.

China will always need cheap labour but if it can't find it within then it will import it which will produce alot of problems as it is happening in Japan for example with fast increasing crime.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 09:33:08 |Display all floors
^ but who is thinking about this and trying to address this problem? the CCP, thats who. history will tell who is right and wrong. if there is a history.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 22:20:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.