Views: 2044|Replies: 5

what does engine hour reading mean, here [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-10-11 15:51:06 |Display all floors
RFC allows fuel to be dispensed to authorized, equipped vehicles and does not require drivers to carry cards, keys or input identification codes. In addition, RFC automatically monitors odometer and/or engine hour readings at the time of the fueling, and generates a detailed report of vehicle fuel usage on a regular basis.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-11 15:57:43 |Display all floors

仅供参考:发动机工作小时数

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-11 16:20:17 |Display all floors

thanks for your reply

thanks for your reply, but i am not sure whether it is right or not, because, we always counts  the mileage of a vehicle, but why we count  发动机工作小时数? I am a layman!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-11 16:59:50 |Display all floors

Fuel usage

Often an engine, usually a diesel engine, will have what is called an "engine hour meter". It counts how many hours the engine is running. If it is a mechanical dial with numbers, you would read it.
If we assume the RFC is a computer, we would say the computer reads it, meaning the computer is counting the hours as the engine is running, because if it is tracking the fuel usage, the computer would need to know the hours the engine is running. If this were an engine in a truck, and it was moving, the fuel used would be at one rate. When the truck is stopped, but the engine is still running, the fuel is used at a different rate. The computer needs to monitor both to get the true fuel usage. When the computer does this, we say the computer is "reading" the meter, in this case, the odometer and the engine hour meter.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-11 17:02:12 |Display all floors

according to pokikiko, i guess the chinese version for it is:

发动机小时读数/计数

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-11 18:04:46 |Display all floors

imo

i think that the engine hour reading means the cumulative time of the fueling as the engine is running.
when the engine running is below certain rev,the ejector does not  eject fuel any more

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.