Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-30 13:14:27 |Display all floors

inline skate 直排轮鞋

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-30 13:19:34 |Display all floors

FYR

直排轮鞋的发展史[ 繁体 ]
... 直排溜冰(inline skating)︰专指直排溜冰这项运动,可以说是专有名词。 直排轮鞋(inline
skate)︰因为轮子排成一直线,顾名思义称作直排轮鞋。 欢迎来信指教seiya@ms4.url.
com.tw !! 本网页最后编修时间为1998年09月05日AM 12:27: 41.
www.ncu.edu.tw/~w3hockey/newpage19.htm

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-30 13:25:43 |Display all floors

Thanks

Thanks.

According to my preliminary search results, we might translate "inline skateing" into "单排轮滑", and "vert" into "泥地". But still, I'm not very sure of that.

Any good idea from all of your guys will be highly appreciated!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-30 13:26:03 |Display all floors

Thanks

Thanks.

According to my preliminary search results, we might translate "inline skateing" into "单排轮滑", and "vert" into "泥地". But still, I'm not very sure of that.

Any good idea from all of your guys will be highly appreciated!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-30 13:49:28 |Display all floors

Suggestion

That sounds so diplomatic, it's a big loss to politics that you're a translator. I reckon the concept about "inline skate" is right. It's called "inline" is because all the wheels are in the same line. However, the four-wheel ones are designed for women, children for most recreational purpose while the five-wheel ones are for race purpose.
Your definition of "vert" is also right, but in this case, it means "vert skate" which is an outdoor sport played on particular plates shaped like bowls, cliffs, etc. One important thing is , inline skating doesn't have to be vert skating, and you can use skateboard to play vert skating (acturally, it's more poplular).
Your  explanation of  "pro" is also correct, (it seems you've got every answer, so why did you ask?), pro is the abbriviation of "professional" in sports.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-30 14:20:59 |Display all floors

To hungryjack

Thanks for your praise and helpful comments.

After posting my original message here, I did more searches and got more hints. Therefore, I tried to figure out their meanings. But I’m not sure of them, and still, I don’t know what the Chinese translation for “Concert practices” is.

What do you do? Are you a sports reporter? You know a lot about this.

By the way, don’t look down upon translators/interpreters. State leaders and diplomats rely on them to communicate with their foreign counterparts.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.