Author: UYA

HK Violence   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-11-16 19:00:44 |Display all floors
I did say in this thread five months ago that if force is not used against these thugs, the trouble will continue till at least the end of 2019.

I blame it all on the poor leadership of the HK Government. Sadly they still haven't a clue how to quell the thug violence.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-11-17 15:13:23 |Display all floors
Under the sham leadership of the Lam and his top cop, Commissioner Lo, HK's frontline police officers' lives are being put in serious danger.
In fact, rounding up and arresting the thugs is relative easy in the trouble spots like Mongkok and Central. At most, just six streets need be sealed off, and the rats are cornered. Instead, night after night, the same useless failed tactic of the riot police firing tear gas rounds, pushing the thugs from one street to the next are used; repeated over again tomorrow, and the days after.

This morning, we hear a police officer had been shot with an iron tipped arrow fires from the Polytechnic University. He could be HK's first police casualty.

So to date, the mindless thugs have deployed iron bars, bricks, petrol bombs, and now the medieval long bow deployed against the police. Lam still insist our police officer must treat our youngsters with the greatest tenderness and care.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-11-17 17:55:32 |Display all floors
I am ashamed to admit that most HK citizens are selfish and cowardly individuals.
Two days ago I was walking home after drawing out cash from the bank.
At one of the major junction, the roads were blocked by wooden poles, planks, bicycles, metal grates, and safety road work plastic water barriers.
I almost got tripped over by a big lump of wood on the road. I kicked this to the roadside. Then I asked myself, "Why not clear all the rubbish from the road as well?"
A brief moment after I started the clearance work, half a dozen onlookers joined in..., but the overwhelming people behind the barriers stayed put, just observing.
Obviously they may have been scared of being attacked by the black shirt thugs. But I saw no black shirts anywhere.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2019-11-24 02:21:13 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2019-11-17 17:55
I am ashamed to admit that most HK citizens are selfish and cowardly individuals.
Two days ago I wa ...

I'm still scratching my head as to how this has escalated and continues.
Why does HK people keep on protesting on the premise of "what if" China comes in.
Why do they keep destroying their own city?
Why do they keep thumbing their nose at China (seems they want a wholesale crack down by China)?
All this does not make any sense.

Western powers condone and even promotes such illegal behaviour.
I can't believe these countries would turn a blind eye if protesters did the same thing on their own soil.
If there was a communist protest in America and they start doing vandalism....
you can bet that heads would roll and the protesters would be jailed.
This "double standard" is outrageous!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-11-25 06:17:05 |Display all floors
Basically HK people, especially the young ones are materialistic, ignorant in international politics, and are utterly selfish individuals.They care for their own comfort, the security of their own immediate family, and that is about it.
They don't understand, or value the words "statehood or country".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-11-25 06:32:45 |Display all floors
They are very politically active and are extremely violent if things don't go their way.

The Pro-Democratic Party, or for better description, the Hong Kong Christian Party are well funded, and are very well organised. Their allegiance are of course lean to the West, to Washington and London.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-11-25 11:08:21 |Display all floors
It's all water under the bridge now. The only thing is to work out carefully what to do next.

One, the police have been exemplary in restraint against mob rioters. If it had happened in the west, skulls would have been cracked. Therefore, under no circumstances must they be victimized with a commission of inquiry. In fact, such an inquiry should be directed against the rioters instead. Start by identifying with view to charging those who had killed the cleaner and immolated the citizen who had protested against the rioters. It seems to the rioters free speech means free only to speak their terms and not anyone else who disagrees.

Two, start a transition program to move the financial and trade services of Hong Kong to Shenzhen, Shanghai and Guangzhou. These will be the new opening-up hubs for services like how Shenzhen FTZ was the first opening-up hub for products. There can be many initiatives under the program, for example, relocate and twin the HKSE to Shanghai's and expand the STAR portfolio to tap Hong Kong's tech entrepreneur ventures.  Hong Kong will suffer but let that be its lesson to those who cannot see beyond their own noses.  Then they may realize they have been duped by the west and start clamoring for help when the island's economy tanks, jobs become scarce and municipality works flounder for lack of funds; by then they may want to support the HK segment of the BRI more because it will be their lifeline.

Three, maintain PLA presence in Hong Kong if only to deter foreign interference by direct infiltration. Start by expanding the naval base there.  In fact, start an intelligence unit to find out how all these years foreign CIA/NED etc agents were able to infiltrate with stealth HK society until entrenched in its schools and universities. Now the west are starting their propaganda broadcasts in Mandarin, it has become even more important to proactively flush out any attempt at destabilizing societies through snake-oil salesman talk about freedom and democracy when neither contributes any difference from other economic models especially in a world when economics and jobs are what matter for futures;

Four, take the long view that in the time of a geography, 2047 is not that long to wait for Hong Kong to come to its senses enough to realize 1C2S has a permanent expiry date. In fact, it is now an imperative to teach the historical root of how Hong Kong had come about. The youths seem to have been opiated by western ideas exclusively until their minds have closed to anything else but; they have become junkies of western jingoism. Maybe they should start asking for UK passports owed them. Let who-was-it-ah Patten be their broker. Let's see whether he will walk his talks or it has all along been sheer hypocrisy.

Five, pour some fine tea in a meeting somewhere quiet. Then ask - and answer - the most important question that seems to be resonating with increasing stridency these days: namely, how is the west trying to destroy China.

In other words, no more hindsight. Foresight forward all the way from now on.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.