Views: 2384|Replies: 4

Are full-time dads popular in your country? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-7-1 14:30:20 |Display all floors
Zhao Fan,a 30-year-old father, used to work at a company in Chengdu, capital of southwest China's Sichuan Province and was well paid. But he quit his job during his wife's first pregnancy and later chose to become a stay-at-home dad.

"I think the time between the ages of zero and three is crucial for children's growth, and it's a very short period. I also hope I can become a better person through taking care of my children," said Zhao, stressing that the happiness and sense of achievement from it is something he can't get from a job or other experiences.

Zhao's choice is not entirely consistent with mainstream values. In China today, most couples rely on their parents or babysitters to look after their children. If one of the spouses has to sacrifice their career, it's always the wife.

Although today, more and more men in China are opting to become househusbands to support their wives to pursue their career.The phenomenon has also stirred up debates, with many arguing that it's shameful for a man to live off his wife or even his parents.

Then, are full-time dads popular in your country?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-1 16:18:17 |Display all floors
It is high price for husband to quit job for years for kid-raisiing. Parents act as first batch of teachers who naturally influence kids for life! So adults should be strict with their own words and actions before children! That is enough!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-7-1 16:28:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2019-7-1 21:13

Re/ many argue its shameful for a man to live off his wife ..
they dont bat an eyelid when its the other way round though....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-2 07:57:37 |Display all floors
How is such a thing measured?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-2 09:42:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1626548377 at 2019-7-2 12:27

"Are full-time dads popular in your country?"
I wish, but the woman are to lazy to work.
Human lives mean nothing when the western warmongers see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.