Author: wchao37

The Tariff Nation - farther afield at the Break of Dawn [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-5-20 15:41:41 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2019-5-19 17:04
Yes. I agree. I have been participating on and off only for the past few years but I did come ac ...

Likewise, reedak also writes or finds good posts to upload.

I don't know where laoda1 is.  His work was good, but he never answers anybody.  Not once.

We all do our part to support the nation's rejuvenation.

Your kind words and support mean everything to Mark and me.

When things work well here, credit to him.

When things don't work well here, demerit to me.

That's all you need to remember.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-20 19:10:48 |Display all floors
Remember this day.  Google stops cooperating with Huawei.  

There will be a day they'll ask China for forgiveness.

Unforgiven.

Just remember this day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-22 09:13:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2019-5-22 09:13

News are not bad.

Looks like Ren Zhenfei is well prepared.

The most advanced sectors of Huawei are not going to be affected.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-22 13:31:31 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-5-20 15:41
Likewise, reedak also writes or finds good posts to upload.

I don't know where laoda1 is.  His wo ...

替天行道

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-22 16:14:29 |Display all floors
I was not wrong in asking for the return of wchao37 after his long absence from CD. In fact, yesterday and after i had forwarded your superb 6-part post, an old China hand (of "denuclearization of NK is a bad idea" fame) had commented "wchao back". So take comfort you are read and appreciated for your insights, facts and arguments more strongly than you can imagine. Let me say now i can't write if you don't. In fact if you will note i seldom make new posts on my own; my comments are more in response to what others have written. Meanwhile hopefully CD will speedily accept parts 4 and 5 of last night so that i can round up my small contribution to your great and important thread here.

You and I will share the work and I think you are the wiser one, Mark, and thanks for alerting me to so much that's going around.....

This will be a protracted war that's going to last to at least 2035.  

After that, China and the US will be able to cooperate again, not a moment before.

That's because China still has to go through the baptism of fire to convince others that we don't have hegemonic aspirations, and that's possible only after you have achieved absolute superiority in pivotal areas, and yet still don't behave like a hegemon.

btw, I notice in your post you were referring to " an old China hand (of "denuclearization of NK is a bad idea" fame) had commented "wchao back."  

I wonder who that could be?  See if you can locate that person/article for me.  Or he could be referring to someone else.

Could it be shanhuang?  I have some really good 'old' friends here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-22 17:02:27 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2019-5-22 13:31
替天行道

In my mind though 替天行道  was the slogan on the flag raised high by Song Jiang in the novel "Water Margins" in the name of resisting the corrupt central government in the first two decades of the 12th century.

The sad thing was that he wasn't a true revolutionary, and so at the first opportunity of receiving a pardon from the Emperor Song Hui Zhong he surrendered and in fact he and his cohorts were sent to vanquish the rebels in the south.

So when I see those four words I feel a sense of betrayal and mockery how many brave and honorable heroes in our history were silenced because they didn't understand the big picture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-22 17:02:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2019-5-22 17:23

I think of my role here as one of explaining what the big picture is in our contemporary world.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.