Views: 6228|Replies: 18

Chinese couple quit their jobs to tour around China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-5-10 11:43:10 |Display all floors
(People's Daily Online) A young couple in Hangzhou, eastern China's Zhejiang province recently went viral on Chinese social media for their "bold" move to quit their jobs to travel around China.

The couple, named Xiaolong and Xiaoxi, both 26 years old, first quit their jobs in July 2016, as husband Xiaolong promised his wife a spur-of-the-moment trip as soon as they had saved enough money.

They traveled over 30,000 kilometers in a car bought by Xiaolong's parents, and ended the trip at the beginning of 2017.

"We quit our jobs not because we were rich or out of recklessness, but because we didn't want to delay our plans," Xiaolong explained.

Before the trip ended, the couple found new jobs and their income doubled. However, they quit again in mid-2018 and spent eight months taking another trip that covered 86,000 kilometers, visiting over 90 percent of China's prefecture-level cities.

According to Xiaolong, all the expenses, totaling around 500,000 yuan, were covered by the couple. They didn't ask for any help from their parents. "We don't freeload, and we are independent," he said.

However, the two trips did get a negative response from potential employers, who labeled the pair as "irresponsible".

The couple said they have no regrets, because they followed their hearts. "We broadened our horizon, and now feel at peace," Xiaolong said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-10 14:25:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2019-5-10 14:27

Wise move.

I did the same thing and started my first globetrotting trips in my 20s.

The major difference was that I traveled alone -- that's why I could go anywhere including Maloula in Syria and slept on a rooftop in Rawalpindi, Pakistan with the sky as my bed cover -- and went hungry a couple of times because in some remote places you can't get food even if you have the money.

For a man, traveling alone when you're of legal age is the first thing to do after college.

That's the only way to go to really understand how the world ticks.

Don't wait until you're a great grand -dad (like pnp) or -mom and walking on a stick with full-blown arthritis.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-5-10 20:43:27 |Display all floors
Only negative comments will be from.jealous people. .
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-11 21:45:31 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-12 07:48:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2019-5-13 15:52
okra39 Post time: 2019-5-10 14:29
As long as you feel like to travel alone without other obligations to fulfill in life, then you can  ...

You're asking me?

A definite yes.

Even when you have no money, go go go go go go.

Well, no money means a little money -- enough for you to call home to remit a little bit more.

Seriously, time is more valuable than money.

Take my advice.  Get your diploma first, then travel afar -- it will work wonders for you in later life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-12 07:52:28 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2019-5-10 20:43
Only negative comments will be from.jealous people. .

parcher:

The only thing I have found from personal experience is that you need to do your first long-distance travels  with a serious purpose in mind and do it all alone.

Going with a woman after marriage is fine, but then you'll be living in posh hotels and learn nothing about the real conditions of the people living in that country.

I mean all five-star Hilton Hotels are the same all over the world.

You will have lost before you even started on your journeys.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-5-12 09:15:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2019-5-12 11:17
wchao37 Post time: 2019-5-12 07:52
parcher:

The only thing I have found from personal experience is that you need to do your first l ...

Agreed...
Go it alone for the best experience. For travellers coming to china, they should head out to some 2nd or even 3rd level cities to see some real.chinese culture instead of sitting in a bar in shanghai. Some of these cities/towns are quite fascinating, and a challenge i can reccommend
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.