Author: pnp

Is China A Developing Country?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-4-27 10:26:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2019-4-27 10:54
Newtown Post time: 2019-4-27 09:32
Air conditioned offices, tea, phone messaging, pouring over their computers to find more romantic  ...

Looks like you are well informed about Chinese officials' laziness and moonlighting!!  They have a saying, why go look for problems?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-27 10:38:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2019-4-27 10:50

Here is my two cents' worth.  I honestly believe China IS a developing country, contrary to what politicians and academics in the West say!  My several years of firsthand observations and media reports, especially those from CCTV with video clips, convince me so!  Witness the most despicable behavior of hospital patients beating up doctors and nurses so severely that many of them ended in hospitals themselves, and a number had even died from their injuries; the frequent beating up of security guards at station checkpoints, the beating up of 'chengguan' and even traffic policemen on highway duty,with some hanging on to car bonnets for dear life and being driven round the city by traffic offenders; the beating of airlines ground staff and flight staff, etc etc.  I have never heard of people in developed countries beating up public servants on such a scale!  So yes, China IS indeed a developing country, by my reckoning, perhaps even an underdeveloped country, despite its first world economy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-27 10:53:29 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-4-27 06:58
Just a guess, but ... Mahjong???

Good guess!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-27 15:46:25 |Display all floors
I think developed, but at what point does developing become developed?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-27 22:27:37 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-4-25 11:46
The cane is most effective, works as a powerful deterrent, China should look into applying it too, ...

I came across video footages of Indian policemen flogging motorists on the street for violating traffic rules, it made me cringe...
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-28 11:07:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2019-4-28 12:13
Liononthehunt Post time: 2019-4-27 22:27
I came across video footages of Indian policemen flogging motorists on the street for violating tr ...

Good deterrent!  Heard of the saying, ”Spare the rod and spoil the child"?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-28 12:15:31 |Display all floors
A nation whose citizens scoff at their own laws, rules and regulations, can't reasonably claim to be a developed country!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.