Author: SEARU

What is ‘economy’ in Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-4-5 22:18:29 |Display all floors
zhihu01 Post time: 2019-4-3 22:36
Go to read this article 'My Veteran's Day Message: Hiring Veterans is Good for Your Business' by M ...

I always try hard to answer any comment to my thread. But it is difficult to follow you even with the help of the Internet through which I have looked up your key words!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-5 22:39:48 |Display all floors
Just now the Internet told me:“The term 经济(economy)comes from the phrase ‘经世济民’ which means ‘To rule the country and help the citizens on living”. It is said one former scholar translated ‘economy’ into Chinese as ‘生计学’(Study of Living)!

Personally I think any translation might become a kind of self-cheating: The reason is simply:Mother language goes like a mirror that reflects what and how you think about something while foreign language acts as another mirror to show what is inside the first one! The problem is that you can make sure both of the mirrors are plate ones!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-6 22:08:45 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2019-4-3 12:13
Please do not impress others with your lack of knowledge in public with your knowledge.

Populati ...

No $hi+ Sherlock! I compliment what China has done and all you do is utter complete nonsense. So the question is; who are you trying to impress with your ideocracy?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-7 09:32:35 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2019-4-6 22:08
No $hi+ Sherlock! I compliment what China has done and all you do is utter complete nonsense. So t ...

You brag about this and that! It hurts your faculty of thought so much that you lost all of your hair. To ensure you do not commit nonsensical acts to yourself, you are codified with BAR CODE to track and be accountable.

US DOES NOT NEEED YOU, PLEASE LEAVE US!

SHAME AND DISGRACE TO STARS AND STRIPES!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-7 09:36:24 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2019-4-5 22:39
Just now the Internet told me:“The term 经济(economy)comes from the phrase ‘经世济民’ which me ...

You are more than correct about language. Take the word, 'CRISIS' in English. Its Chinese tranlsation has its philosophical aspects that those understand Chinese language will know its exact meaning. Literally, it means that when there is danger or threats of some or other forms, opportunities come along with it. Plainly, it is does expresses clearly.

Unfortunately, Boston101 with Bar Code knows nothing but brags the largest on top of its head!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-7 18:23:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2019-4-7 18:26
GhostBuster Post time: 2019-4-7 09:36
You are more than correct about language. Take the word, 'CRISIS' in English. Its Chinese tranlsa ...

Special thanks for your constructive comment which I have noticed when I was on touring around the local towns! I always keep an eye on what is going on in the forum no matter how busy I am. Your reply let me feel me fresh through which I could sense that it is meaningful to have a nice discussion about how different nations explain the same concept in different ways!
We have ‘危机’ to stand for 'criss’ which first character means ‘danger’ while the second one should be 'chance' according to your saying! In most cases we understand the phrase as ‘difficulty’ or ‘disaster’ and seldom see the bright side if in hardship! It is wise for us to notice the opportunity just existing in difficult situation and try to find out the solution method!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-7 19:33:25 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2019-4-7 18:23
Special thanks for your constructive comment which I have noticed when I was on touring around the  ...

Thank you for your reply!
First, you are correct about language and culture. They form an integral part of human history. When writing was conceived or invented, knowledge could be passed down, hopefully with positive impact to raise the intelligence of humankind. Today, with advanced telecommunications technology and more on the way, life will change again.
Chinese language itself appeals most to me. Being a foreigner and trying to learn it is very difficult. What is most amazing is Chinese characters could be in its single form and combined to be in complex forms. The same concept did changed through time. Fortunately, the same character is there and could be traced through ancient dictionaries.
Most fantastic aspect is the number of Chinese chanracters are confined to a fxied number. Of course, Empress Wu Zetian invented four, while Qing Emperor Qian Long rectified all incorrect written ones.
Further, some characters when written but read from different direction, left to right and right to left will have totally different meaning.
You are brainy!
Joy and cheers to share with you!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.