Author: reedak

US to scrap India and Turkey's preferential trade status [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-3-6 21:50:08 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-3-6 01:01
I fully agree with you Klyer.

Another example is the Philippines;  they are worried because of  ...

The US fault

China’s latest island grab: Fishing ‘militia’ makes move on sandbars around Philippines’ Thitu Island
Beijing has snatched another patch of the South China Sea, with its “militia” seizing control of a string of sandbars and denying fishermen access.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-7 15:04:42 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-3-6 14:03
I agree.  That actually is Duterte's biggest worry right now.

Also S/Koreas;
  South Korea last year paid about $830 million to unle Sam, covering the cost of the expenses of 28,500 U.S. troops to protect them from their brother North Korea...

This year round requires South Korea to pay $924 million in 2019...
          Seoul paid 90+ per cent of the US$11billion construction costs for the largest overseas US military base in the world.
  S/ Korea bought US$20 billion worth of US military gear from 2012–16 which amounts to 80%+Korea’s total defense imports...

I'd advise S/Korea to tear up that moldy 1953 agreement to station US military personnel on S/Korean soil...

After all; President Trump was withdrawing from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal agreement reached by seven countries.
    France, Germany, Britain, China and Russia, were also signatories to the deal

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-8 07:25:27 |Display all floors
If South Korean govt was smart they'd ask China what they'd do if they ended treaty with US and asked for Chinese forces to guard the DMZ. Worth exploring. I'm pro-USA - but they shouldn't be stationing forces in China's front-yard. China and US could become allies.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-8 11:21:49 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2019-3-8 07:25
If South Korean govt was smart they'd ask China what they'd do if they ended treaty with US and aske ...

Two things would happen before China could even reply:

1] Army Gen. R. A.; is U.S. Forces Korea commander, the four-star general is also in charge of the United Nations Command and U.S.-South Korea combined forces... Therefore, S/Korea forces got no say...

2] A regime change would take place in S/Korea.
      Park Geun-hye would get company from Moon Jae-in in her holiday resort...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.