Views: 16547|Replies: 5

"The Wandering Earth" tops Chinese box office this week [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-2-11 14:21:23 |Display all floors
(Xinhua) Chinese sci-fi blockbuster "The Wandering Earth" had earned over 1.94 billion yuan (about 288 million U.S. dollars) since its release on Tuesday as of 7:00 p.m. Sunday, according to Maoyan, a professional box office tracker.

Poster of the movie "The Wandering Earth"[Photo: VCG]

It means that the film has become the winner of the Chinese box office during the week-long Spring Festival holiday that ends Sunday.

The film tells a story of an epic project to move the Earth and its 3.5 billion residents to a remote star system in the near future because the sun is dying and is about to swallow up the Earth.

It ranked fourth on the first day of its screening and has led the box office since Friday.

Second place went to Ning Hao's "Crazy Alien," which had gained nearly 1.42 billion yuan by 7:00 p.m. Sunday, followed by Han Han's "Pegasus" that has taken in over 1 billion yuan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-11 17:28:12 |Display all floors
Many foreign blockbusters that bring in huge revenue has this formula:

Good special/graphic effects combined with fast action and an interesting story line.

That is why Superhero movies are often among the top 5 or 10 money earners. This movie is a small step towards that direction.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-12 18:54:30 |Display all floors
Amazing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-13 08:10:14 |Display all floors
Sounds exciting. Hope it comes with English sub-titles. Actually, scientists predict our sun will become a red giant in 5 billion years. By that time, if humanity hasn't destroyed itself, we will have spread throughout this galaxy.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-14 22:08:47 |Display all floors
Sounds good, I'll watch on-line when available.

Too bad the film by Zhang Yimou, “One Second,” had been pulled for “technical reasons,”
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-18 08:48:31 |Display all floors
They use a lot of Virtual Reality technologies in the movie.

One piece of software of particular importance was Adobe After Effect.

Check on that piece of software which was instrumental in making some of the scenes -- like the frozen appearance of Shanghai's Ming Zhu Tower in Pudong.

When I checked on the list of Motion Graphics artists after the movie, I saw the name of only one principal Virtual Effect artist although I am sure there must have been scores more working in his department.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.