Views: 35616|Replies: 29

British universities see an increasing number of Chinese applicants [Copy link] 中文

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
(CGTN) The number of students from the Chinese mainland applying to British universities has increased by a third in a year and tops the overseas students' growth list, said a report by the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) on Thursday.

UCAS, a Britain-based organization which operates the application process for British universities, published the analysis on applications filed by the January 15 deadline for full-time undergraduate courses offered by British universities and colleges starting in September 2019.

The report showed that about 16,000 applications were made from the Chinese mainland, up from 12,000 last year.

According to UCAS, a total of 561,420 people have applied to start a course in Britain in 2019, almost 2,500 more than that at the equivalent point last year, the first increase in three years.

The total number of applicants across Britain stands at 453,840, a fall of less than one percent, against a backdrop of an almost two percent fall in Britain's 18- year-old population. While the number of applicants from the European Union has increased by one percent, to 43,890.

There are a record number of applicants from outside the EU, as 63,690 have applied to study in Britain, an increase of nine percent.

Clare Marchant, chief executive of UCAS, said, "In this time of uncertainty, it's welcome news to see more EU and international students wanting to come and study in the UK."

UCAS manages almost three million applications from around 700,000 people each year for full-time undergraduate courses at over 380 universities and colleges across Britain.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

This post was edited by parcher at 2019-2-9 15:01

Of course everybody loves the Great britain
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

parcher Post time: 2019-2-9 15:00
Of course everybody loves the Great britain

'britain' is the small version of Britain!  (Kidding)
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

SEARU Post time: 2019-2-9 15:25
'britain' is the small version of Britain!  (Kidding)

end of march is coming.....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

parcher Post time: 2019-2-9 15:29
end of march is coming.....

No end to your errors on the long marching of writing!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

SEARU Post time: 2019-2-9 15:36
No end to your errors on the long marching of writing!

my misses has just given me a clip around the ear.......or should that be My?

Use magic tools Report

parcher Post time: 2019-2-9 15:41
my misses has just given me a clip around the ear.......or should that be My?

You do missing with ear which seems hearing some familiar voice again!
And your word ‘My’ should shape like ‘mine’!

Yes, your reply might be able to win some praise from that Chinese language teacher who thinks a good writing can drive readers think deeper and deeper through nice imagination!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.