Author: knox1234

Opinion: Why China's movies fail to gain traction in the US market   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-1-15 16:19:30 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-15 11:05
Keep ypour anthropoly to yourself; we go by common understanding of 'race'!

Think of it this way:

He's just one Old World Howler swinging aimlessly among the trees.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2019-1-15 19:18:22 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-16 04:14:35 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2019-1-15 19:18
What you should do is get Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jackie Chan to star in a buddy film. The plot wo ...

That might work.

The Howler knows nothing about why Chinese gung fu, including Bruce Lee's "Jeet Kun Do," is so popular the world over, and why spectators flock to see Bruce's blockbusters.  He attributes this to the use of props alone in film-making -- which literally suggests that Bruce's moves are fakes.  Tell that to his fans all over the world and see if they agree.  It is time-wasting to talk to such ignorant brutes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-16 09:44:57 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-15 11:05
Keep ypour anthropoly to yourself; we go by common understanding of 'race'!

That's ok. I won't hold it against you. I feel sorry for ALL snowflake millennials. It must be difficult living in a bubble where you feel superior to everyone else.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-16 09:47:02 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-1-16 04:14
That might work.

The Howler knows nothing about why Chinese gung fu, including Bruce Lee's "Jeet  ...
He attributes this to the use of props alone in film-making -- which literally suggests that Bruce's moves are fakes.

Please tell us where and when I said that?
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2019-1-16 09:48:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-16 10:26:57 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-1-16 09:47
Please tell us where and when I said that?
let's face it, Bruce also didn't know how to write Chinese characters, even though he was seen doing it in one of his movies back to the 70s, which showcases special effects rather than Chinese fighting techniques..

Caught red-faced.

You said it "showcases special effects rather than Chinese fighting techniques."

Here you were referring to his FIGHTING techniques as application of special effects.  

Special effects is software nomenclature for computer animation, and did not arrive until the age of personal computers.

Stunts aren't in the same category as computer animation.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.