Author: reedak

What has gone wrong with American democracy?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-1-10 09:41:16 |Display all floors

Perhaps so-called Democracy is shrinking as Uncle Sam is shrinking!
   Shrinking Uncle Sam!

https://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1795128&fromuid=1003404

The world is full of wolves wearing a sheep's mask and playing victims.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-10 09:42:47 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-1-9 09:23
Please read and learn:

Canada - United States Extradition Treaty

Hence, one the most troublesome points of any trade agreement with China. How does one ensure that China is not cheating? They've said one thing and done another for years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-10 09:46:12 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2019-1-9 17:36
Iran

Amerika sold arms surreptitiously to Iran during the Iran Contra episode in the 1980's. Chan ...

And those culprits went to prison. Meng broke the law. She may go to prison as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-10 10:10:47 |Display all floors
reedak Post time: 2019-1-10 09:14
Only in the US can a pimp (dead or alive) have the "freedom" to be elected to office.  Just tell m ...
Only in the US can a pimp (dead or alive) have the "freedom" to be elected to office.

Firstly, he was indeed elected by the voters. Somewhere else, pimps run offices without even been elected to the posts. Elsewhere (elected or not), people don't even know that their office holders are pimps - they lack the liberties to know it.

Secondly, prostitution is obviously legal in state of Nevada, and you really are way off if you are trying to analyze situation in there by whatever laws your own country has.

You should also understand that his election was based on party politics and the electoral system in place there. It was to guarantee that the next candidate from the same party gets the office, rather than risking it going to another party.

Are you feeling very proud to let your country (the US) rule by pimps?

Stop assuming things like American idiots. I am not US citizen, nor do I live there. I have visited the country once 20 years ago.

Do note that he was elected to the office, but he didn't get to run it - remember, he died.

Maybe there are other pimps running offices, in USA and elsewere, but as I said the profession is legal in many places, while disqualifying people from public posts based on their profession, gender, etchniticy, or pretty much anything, would be illegal.

That said, I'd rather have my country (whatever that would be) ruled by a good pimp than many of the leaders some countries now have.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-10 12:02:33 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2019-1-10 09:42
Hence, one the most troublesome points of any trade agreement with China. How does one ensure that ...

"They've said one thing and done another for years."

Can't be as bad as Trump, say something today, and flip next day!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-10 12:19:54 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-10 12:02
"They've said one thing and done another for years."

Can't be as bad as Trump, say something toda ...

It can be worse. Trump's character was known before he took office, as he was a public figure even then. Same applies to pretty much every person working in US administration.

Not as much can be said about China's leadership. Secretive continues to define it, both the persons and the policies.

And most importantly, Trump will not stay longer than 8 years, if even that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-10 12:42:32 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2019-1-6 19:46
The country has just gone to hell.   We just need to divorce and split up.

Well said.  Please tell us how the "divorce" can be done -- split between east and west, or north and south.
Donald Trump's infamous Hitler-style rabble-rousing chants:  "Lock her up!  Lock her up!"

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.