Author: ceciliazhang

Chinese high court orders retrial of Canadian citizen   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-2-14 15:50:36 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2019-2-12 22:35
Kangaroo meat,sounds yummy. At least it is used for food and products, unlike the rhino horn used  ...

Might be yummy for you, the truth is a bit different.

It has also caused doctors to reiterate warnings about excessive consumption of kangaroo meat, which has long been thought to be one of the healthiest choices because of its low fat content.
   The journal Nature Medicine found that a compound in kangaroo meat called L-carnitine is associated with the build up of plaque in arteries which causes heart attacks, strokes and vascular disease...
  Executive chairman of Obesity Australia and Professor of Medicine at Monash University John Funder said given that kangaroos had more L-carnitine per gram than any other red meat, consumers should be wary of consumption

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-14 21:41:14 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-2-14 02:50

It has also caused doctors to reiterate  ...

Good to know, I don't think I would ever have the chance to try it, and if I did I wouldn't over consume.

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-14 21:43:24 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-2-14 02:50

It has also caused doctors to reiterate  ...

And still they are using most if not all of the animal.

Better than just using a fin and throwing the rest of the creature over the side.

What a wasteful bunch of a-holes.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-15 09:30:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by emanreus at 2019-2-15 12:39
Saul Post time: 2019-2-14 21:43
And still they are using most if not all of the animal.

Better than just using a fin and throwing ...

re:   What a wasteful bunch of a-holes

I must agree with you'  In 2016, according to the country's Institute for Cetacean Research, Japan's whaling fleet has killed 333 minke whales in the part of this year's Antarctic whale hunt. Some 230 were female; about 90% of these were pregnant, according to the report...

Japan is to restart commercial whaling in July 2019.
Japan will  withdraw from the International Whaling Commission (IWC), the body tasked with whale conservation...
     Whaling nations, such as Japan, Norway and Iceland, argue the practice is part of their culture and should continue...

Japan is simply leaving [IWC] body so it will no longer be bound by its rules. Learning from uncle Sam...

Japan alone has killed more than 8,000 whales under the guise of scientific ... 40 years after Antarctic whaling was banned...

as you say: a-holes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-15 11:14:05 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-2-15 09:30

I must agree with you'  In 2016, according to the countr ...

I think he is hinting a Chinese eating sharks fins!   But you got a good point about those Japs who thumped their noses at the world agencies which passed resolutions after resolutions condemning their whaling!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-15 21:30:02 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-2-14 20:30

I must agree with you'  In 2016, according to the country ...

Japan, yes the are.

seashepherd.org/

has been in the chase for years to stop the process.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-15 21:31:02 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-2-14 20:30

I must agree with you'  In 2016, according to the country ...

Learning from uncle Sam.

No they are Asian just like you.

Chinese, Japanese ,Pekingese  same thing

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.