Author: ceciliazhang

Chinese high court orders retrial of Canadian citizen   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-1-26 11:20:40 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2019-1-25 20:55
She is innocent UNTIL proven guilty, just like china

That Canadian drug smuggler has already been proven guilty in open court!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-26 11:23:42 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2019-1-25 17:42
Interestingly, he has "retracted" his statement.

Missed that 'retract' part!  
What a pity, the envoy has no guts to speak his mind, must be under pressure from big brother nextdoor!  Shame!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-1-26 11:33:53 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-26 10:45
I am not deciding on that, far from it!  Just like you, I have the right to express my opinion, an ...

So wait until all the facts are out then....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-26 13:03:04 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-26 10:43
Yes, I heard him on CGTN and he has many good points!  So there is still hope she may not be extra ...
t depends whether Canadian minister follows the law or follows big brother nextdoor

You just can't comprehend legal systems, do you?

Canada is following their own laws, and treaties they have with other countries. You can blame them for making such treaty with the big brother, but you can't expect them to ignore the treaty that is in place for political motivations.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-26 13:03:31 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-25 11:04
" There are 46 offences in China, in which the death penalty is the maximum punishment."

What has ...

Perhaps you should be educating Chinese citizens about breaking the laws in other countries. Far more Chinese break local laws than Canadians. So many more, in fact, that the government saw fit to start an educational campaign regarding the manners of Chinese whilst overseas.

What has that got to do with you, even assuming your figure is correct?

I would assume it is correct, since the Chinese government publishes that figure and states precisely which offences can merit the death penalty. As for what it has to do with me, I suggest you go back and read the last 5 or so pages, and note where the conversation regarding death penalty offences began. Don't worry ... we'll wait for you.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-26 13:09:29 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-1-25 16:27
Yeah, he speaks from his position as an 'envoy' though.

It was relayed to him by Meng's own lawye ...

No, it was not relayed to him by Meng's lawyer. That would render him incapable of defending her because relaying information before the trial, and laying out defence strategy, breaks the rules of lawyer/client confidentiality/privilege. He also stands the possibility of disbarment.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-26 13:10:56 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2019-1-25 17:42
Interestingly, he has "retracted" his statement.

He retracted it because he was not legally allowed to say anything in the first place.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.