Views: 30913|Replies: 11

Huawei CFO 'deeply moved' by letter from Japan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-12-21 20:54:36 |Display all floors

Meng Wanzhou

Meng Wanzhou, the chief financial officer of China’s telecom giant Huawei, recently said she was “deeply moved” after she read a letter written by a Japanese who called Meng a “benefactor" following the huge earthquake that hit Japan in 2011, according to Xinhua news agency.

According to a diary released by Huawei on Friday, Meng said she believes in “one good turn deserves another,” referring to a letter from a Japanese citizen who thanked her and Huawei for their rescue effort after a mega earthquake hit Japan in 2011, Xinhua reported.

The letter was sent to Huawei’s office in Japan's Otemachi, Tokyo, the report said.

The Japanese citizen, who was not identified, said that during the earthquake, when most of the companies were busy with evacuation, Huawei’s workers entered the quake-hit zone to repair telecoms devices damaged by the quake, according to the report.

“For such a company that once lent us a hand, whatever reason it might be, it is against humanity to use national force to block Huawei unilaterally,” the Japanese citizen said, adding that "to me, Ms Meng is a benefactor," Xinhua reported.

Meng said she rarely mentioned the fact that she went to Japan in 2011 during the quake, saying it was just her job. But now she felt proud and relieved upon reading the letter.

“It is only when I’m in danger that I know I am loved and cared for by so many people I don’t know,” Meng said.

The letter written to Huawei by a Japanese citizen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-22 07:33:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-12-22 12:55

Great lady!

Just look at that confident look in her eyes, as if she were saying, "Bring it on, you cowards!.  Every righteous soul in the world is on my side."

The Crime Boss of the United Syndicate of America must be chilled to the bones upon seeing this look on her face!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-22 10:09:58 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-12-22 07:33
Great lady!

Just look at that confident look in her eyes, as if she were saying, "Bring it on, you  ...

Its United Sinisters of America.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-22 14:52:04 |Display all floors
tenith Post time: 2018-12-22 10:09
Its United Sinisters of America.

No, that won't work.

"Sinister" is an adjective, not a noun.

The noun is "sinisterness," which doesn't fit.

On the other hand, "syndicate" is the best word to describe a criminal organization.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-23 02:48:14 |Display all floors
This what happens when you take US products an sell them to Iran and then commit bank fraud by hiding the payments it received in return.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-23 04:39:01 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-12-22 14:52
No, that won't work.

"Sinister" is an adjective, not a noun.

How many other entries are revealed in Meng's diary ? Where can they be read ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-23 23:15:26 |Display all floors
A diary is extremely personal and private property. One in which you write down ideas and feelings you would not tell to others. Why is Huawei showing Meng's diary to news media? Sounds to me like a nice little disinformation campaign is being mounted. Especially since Chinese people hate Japan with such a passion that it defies logic.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.