Author: ceciliazhang

Depraved Chinese women are bringing the country down, says education billionaire    Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-26 11:08:59 |Display all floors
But I do agree with him that more responsibility goes to the women in raising good people. So I do blame the fall of any nation on the women, more than I would blame the men. The success of many a good man have a lot to do with the good women supporting them.

Sorry if that is sexist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-26 11:32:02 |Display all floors
hi12345 Post time: 2018-11-25 19:01
Why is it so easy to get the Chinese "netizens" so worked up over small things?

I don't agree with  ...

I have to agree with you; as I said  all along, Yu has the right to make comments, no one should try to shut him up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-26 11:40:18 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-11-25 21:51
Such nonsense!

The huha is 'nonsense'; the man has the right to express his opinion.  Those who disgaree with him, are free to counter his comments, but no one has the right to condemn him,  least of all to blow it out of proportion accusing him of tarnoish all Chinese women; he merely said the depraved ones, not all.  No one is expected to come to Forum with statistics and say how many are depraved and how many are not; what he said is fair comment; readers understand that he never meant all 700 million Chinese women are depraved.  Some in Forum deliberately choose to accuse him of tarnishing ALL 700 million women!  It is easy to see through their deceit!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-26 11:49:13 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-25 15:46
You have great respect for China?

Well let me tell you -- you don't even know what "respect" mean ...

"and now fearing that you might follow your predecessor Senecca, you are coming.."

Asumption again!  No, I am not the least afraid of being banned like Seneca!  I won't be surprised you have tried in vain to get me banned; Seneca did that too, but in the end he was bannned instead!  You have under-estimated Voice_cd's intelligence, as if he/she would ban anyone just to please you!!  I stand on solid ground, playing by Forum rules all the time!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-26 11:51:37 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-25 15:46
You have great respect for China?

Well let me tell you -- you don't even know what "respect" mean ...

More linguistic acrobatics from you again!  But I am not impressed;  I don't care how smart you are with your English display, I only care if you talk sense or nonsense, and most of the time you talk nonsense, not worthy of  my reply!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-26 11:55:01 |Display all floors
Results normally speak for themselves.

If China's women have been doing a poor job in raising their children, why is China's the only continuous human civilization in the last 4000 years?

And if the education billionaire had meant to say that only women of the modern era fit his description then why has China been able to achieve what others couldn't in the past forty years?

Nope, you can't say Chinese women are depraved and doing a poor job raising kids while simultaneously acknowledging the fact that these kids of theirs have been doing an unprecedentedly good job in building their country.

So which is which?

You can't have the cake and eat it too.

Raising a child is a lot of work -- tasks and responsibilities that need to be shared by both parents.  

Therefore it stands to reason that people of both sexes have to be held responsible for the end results of raising kids in our society.

It wouldn't be fair or reasonable to attribute good results to men and bad results to women, in addition to calling the latter 'depraved.'

When the aggregate results have been proven by objective facts to be excellent in the past forty years, and here you have someone like this Charles chap who is belittling the positive influence of the mothers, there obviously is something very wrongful in his logic.

Where was his own mother during all the fledgling years of his growth into manhood?

Sometimes people make inordinate comments just to drum up free publicity to their businesses.

This could very well be one of those cases whose logic shouldn't have been very difficult to understand, unless you are an 82 year-old Singaporean.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-26 11:56:31 |Display all floors
Results normally speak for themselves.

If China's women have been doing a poor job in raising their children, why is China's the only continuous human civilization in the last 4000 years?

And if the education billionaire had meant to say that only women of the modern era fit his description then why has China been able to achieve what others couldn't in the past forty years?

Nope, you can't say Chinese women are 'depraved' and doing a poor job raising kids while simultaneously acknowledging the fact that these kids of theirs have been doing an unprecedentedly good job in building their country.

So which is which?

You can't have the cake and eat it too.

Raising a child is a lot of work -- tasks and responsibilities that need to be shared by both parents.  

Therefore it stands to reason that people of both sexes have to be held responsible for the end results of raising kids in our society.

It wouldn't be fair or reasonable to attribute good results to men and bad results to women, in addition to calling the latter 'depraved.'

When the aggregate results have been proven by objective facts to be excellent in the past forty years, and here you have someone like this Charles chap who is belittling the positive influence of the mothers, there obviously is something very wrongful in his logic.

Where was his own mother during all the fledgling years of his growth into manhood?

Sometimes people make inordinate comments just to drum up free publicity to their businesses.

This could very well be one of those cases whose logic shouldn't have been very difficult to understand, unless you are an 82 year-old man from S city.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.