Author: ceciliazhang

China investigates hygiene scandals in five-star hotels   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-20 18:34:02 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-11-20 18:24
This kind of thing cannot be prevented due to the low pay that cleaners get. I work as a cleaner mys ...

A lot of sense made by hailchina here, ladies and gentlemen.

You can't prevent grouchy employees who want to cross-contaminate your glasses with their menstruation pads from doing their thing no matter how expensive the monitoring equipment is.

The only reason Hilton and others are doing what they are doing is because of their fear of a public boycott.

"Patriotism" has nothing to do with our discussion here.  I always exercise my judgment on a case-by-case factual basis, and not on fantasies.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-11-20 19:50:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-21 09:36:50 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-11-20 19:50
Exactly. I take menstruation pads out of the menstruation pad bins that are in female and unisex t ...

You are too diligent, HailChina.

Washing your wash cloth once a week in order to cross-contaminate every piece of furniture is just ingenious.

Which hotel do you work at?

I'll pay double the price -- no, make that triple -- to pay for a night's lodging at your 6-star hotel.

Thank you for your disclosure so that in my scheduled visit I can personally come and congratulate you for being such a faithful member of the community.

Just one little note -- I might bring along a friend from the Gongan Bumen if you know what I mean.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-21 11:47:31 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-20 17:18
Two more posts in the filters.

Please check back tomorrow.

Here is another update:  One of the hotels nvolved has been fined a miserly 2000 yuan for its part in this dirty scandal.  Now we know why hotels don't pay any attention to cleaniliness; the fine is pittance, and the law is not enforced until the media or someone exposed them!!  My take:  If you fine them peanuts, they play monkey with you!  Hope the authorities increase the fine for such despicable behavior to 200,000 yuan, as a deterrent!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-21 11:49:00 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-11-20 18:27
When I have cleaned a room it looks clean but in fact I have spread ecoli all over the place because ...

That's what the cleaners think too!  Pay them peanuts and you get monkeys!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-21 11:54:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-11-21 11:56
HailChina! Post time: 2018-11-20 19:50
Exactly. I take menstruation pads out of the menstruation pad bins that are in female and unisex t ...

Talking about cloths; one hotel has started getting strict on its cleaners.  They are supposed to use cloths of various colors to clean different parts of the room;  so a blue cloth for toilet bowls, a pink one for table top, a green one for glasses etc. There is no excuse for getting the cloths mixed up!  Strange, why didn't they think of that, and the portable camera, before but wait until someone exposed their wrongdoings!  Obviously they thought they could get away with dirt, and in fact they have been very lucky for very long!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-11-21 12:19:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.