Author: ceciliazhang

China investigates hygiene scandals in five-star hotels   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-20 12:26:00 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-19 06:19
This is really much ado about nothing -- anxiety neurosis bred in a nation that is drenched in too m ...

"This is really much ado about nothing -- anxiety neurosis bred in a nation that is drenched in too much money in the big cities."

You are trivialising a scandal that touches millions of travellers throughout China, locals and foreigners alike!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-20 13:39:12 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-19 06:19
This is really much ado about nothing -- anxiety neurosis bred in a nation that is drenched in too m ...

"The conclusion is that if you want a dirty cup go to a 5-star U.S. hotel chain in China, but if you are smart and want a clean cup, go to a 2-star Chinese-owned hotel"

You are letting your patriotism run wild!  Those 5 Star U.S. hotels in China are run by the very people you support, the Chinese!  And the scandal is all about Chinese toilet/room cleaners, not U S. expatriates, as you want us to believe!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-20 16:27:05 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-11-20 11:42
Just as I reported here, CD has confirmed below:

"Global hospitality giants Hilton and IHG have apo ...

But of course they have to do that in view of the negative publicity occasioned by the hidden-camera probe.

This is smart PR.  If they come out and deny it that would be the most dimwitted action to take.  5-star hotel chains have a lot at stake in their international operations especially in places like Shanghai.

Of course I demand commensurate services from top hotels just like everyone else, but is it not an issue that requires arming maids with police gear such as self-monitoring equipment due to the cost factor.

The camera can see only things directly ahead of the lens and not around corners.  

If the maid truly wants to clean your cup with her used douche bags or chastity belts she can still do so by going into a darkened corner of the room.

I mean this is sensationalizing an issue that is readily solvable by a simple solution such as hermetically sealed single-use glasses which are sterilized after each use.

Other than the cups what else could pose serious dangers to your health in an average hotel room?

I am opposed to killing a cockroach with a $5000 solution, that's all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-20 16:52:32 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-11-20 11:42
Just as I reported here, CD has confirmed below:

"Global hospitality giants Hilton and IHG have apo ...

I am sure your laudable opinions have forced Hilton and IHG to make amends for their naughtiness.

Meanwhile, two posts in answer to your questions are in the filters.....I am sure I am being monitored with equally expensive electronic gear as those used on the hotel-room maids.

Be patient and you'll be amply rewarded.

Don't blink an eye or go to take a nap, or you'll become so dazed that you might actually drink from that cup I was talking about -- the one you tried to clean with your soiled socks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-20 17:18:07 |Display all floors
Two more posts in the filters.

Please check back tomorrow.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-11-20 18:24:36 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-11-20 18:27:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.