Author: ceciliazhang

Guangdong bans train passengers from taking other's seats [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-15 12:11:30 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-10-15 11:37
So it is a shared experience for all of us.

I hope next time I travel on China's high speed train, no one takes my seat, provided this law is implemented nationwide!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-15 12:14:27 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-10-15 12:11
I hope next time I travel on China's high speed train, no one takes my seat, provided this law is  ...

Maybe it is just luck, but I personally have never had a seat 'taken' from me.

I mean there was a case when a lady was getting so tired standing that she took my seat when I left momentarily for an errand, but she offered to return it to me when she saw me approaching.

Maybe the difference is that you travel a lot and just by chance run into some bad experience.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-15 12:29:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-10-15 12:53
wchao37 Post time: 2018-10-15 12:14
Maybe it is just luck, but I personally have never had a seat 'taken' from me.

I mean there was a ...

No matter what, this habit of taking someone else's seat must stop right away!  Not only does it deprive the rightful passenger his seat, it also shows the ugly side of Chinese behavior; a few black sheep can badly tarnish the image of the whole nation!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-15 12:42:29 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-10-15 12:29
No matter what, this habit of taking someone else's set must stop right away!  Not only does it de ...

While I am not qualified to comment on this point because of lack of personal sufferance, I do understand where you are coming from, and Guangdong is indeed pioneering in this area.

Yes, there is quite a number of reports on taking over someone else's seats.

Better invent an AI seat mat that passengers who hold the wrong seat ticket will not be able to sit on that seat mat without having jets of water from wetting his pants.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-15 12:55:57 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-10-15 12:42
While I am not qualified to comment on this point because of lack of personal sufferance, I do und ...

While I have never been a victim, I have a lot of sympathy for those poor victims!  So, yes, balcklisting must be implemented nationwide!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-15 12:58:01 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-10-15 12:55
While I have never been a victim, I have a lot of sympathy for those poor victims!  So, yes, balck ...

Blacklisting by tying it to creditworthiness is a fantastic idea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-19 11:22:32 |Display all floors
Ha, now the seat grabbers have taken their act one step further; they have now turned to bunk grabbing!  CCTV reported, with video clip, a man lying in the bunk of another passengerr and refusing to give it up despite persuausion from rail staff, claiming he has heart disease and threatening the staff with serious consequences if his heart condition deteriorates because he is evicted forcefully!  Disgusting behavior!  It's high time rail staff be given the power to evict, and culprits fined and blacklisted throughout China, not just in GD.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.