Author: wchao37

The Mike Pence Speech on October 4, 2018   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-27 14:09:27 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-10-27 11:04
Until Trump and Pence are replaced by Democrats in 2020, China and everyone-else should just sit tig ...

Show us a way we can sit tight and remain calm.

What if this ignorant guy sends a warship to Gaoxiong Harbor during the planned naval exercise next month?  

Can we go on pretending nothing has happened?

This is what we had done in the case of the U.S. naval "scientific-research" vessel that recently visited Gaoxiong Harbor -- we pretended that nothing was happening despite recent assertions by a Chinese diplomat that any U.S. naval presence in Gaoxiong Harbor would spark a PLA response.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-28 10:20:55 |Display all floors
When facing an intractable problem, stay focused on long-term strategic objectives and avoid the trap of personalized immediate responses.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-28 11:55:22 |Display all floors
If anything is learned from the present imbroglio, it could be:

'the very success factors of the past are exactly the same failure factors of the present"

(markwu)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-28 16:08:16 |Display all floors
I agree

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-29 16:38:09 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2018-10-28 11:55
If anything is learned from the present imbroglio, it could be:

'the very success factors of the pa ...

Yes indeed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-29 16:38:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-11-12 03:18

btw,

Well the treatment of Jews before WWII was terrible -- so was the case with the Chinese.

Through their hard work and intelligence, the Jewish people thrived in the financial sector first in Catholic Europe (where they couldn't own land), and then gradually became prosperous in America too.  

The Jewish and Chinese people get along well and they intermarry a lot, so much so that Israeli prime minister Netanyhu said last year that he would try to discourage that (presumably so that Jews don't get assimilated into the Chinese nation).

I have a lot of Jewish friends -- I think the people of these two civilizations are the smartest in the world.  We never talk about politics because they know I'll always oppose the Zionists for their treatment of the Palestinians because I believe that how great a people is depends on how they treat the weakest amongst them, and in this case the Israeli presence represents the Occupation of Palestinian lands, and a Two-States solution is the best they can hope for.

So I am telling you that I feel very sad that so many innocent Jews lost their lives in this senseless shooting -- racial or religious hatred is never acceptable and at this moment I stand firmly with the victims' families outside that synagogue in Pittsburgh.

I'll tell you what I think about our vice-president's visit to the Middle East -- visiting Israel, Palestine, Egypt and UAE (United Arab Emirates) later -- it's an excellent geopolitical move that makes a mockery of Trump's Poison Pill strategy in trying to isolate China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-29 17:15:06 |Display all floors
It's getting so bizarre they even tariff Chinese antiques.  Now who in the US need to be protected manufacturing 100-year old Chinese antiques? Is there some funny industry going on there?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.